• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Scoey, i am not at all concerned with KHunt's fitness. the bloke will be the fittest in the Reds' squad.

i am worried about his soundness.
that's different.
does he have serious accumulated wear and tear?
will his previous playing and training career present higher risks of injuries and breakdowns?

i guess we shall just have to wait and see?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah I picked up on that Biffo. I was more responding to Mr Doug's post.
We've got no way of knowing what sort of nick his body is in but I'm backing him to be fine, even at his age and with all the footy hours on his clock.

The regular posts from folk (not you) questioning his value to the Reds because of an apparent injury riddled last couple of years I tend to think aren't based on any research or knowledge from these posters. They annoy me a bit so I was trying to add some context to why he didn't play much this year.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah I picked up on that Biffo. I was more responding to Mr Doug's post.
We've got no way of knowing what sort of nick his body is in but I'm backing him to be fine, even at his age and with all the footy hours on his clock.

The regular posts from folk (not you) questioning his value to the Reds because of an apparent injury riddled last couple of years I tend to think aren't based on any research or knowledge from these posters. They annoy me a bit so I was trying to add some context to why he didn't play much this year.

thanks, Mate.

yes, i picked up on your picking-up (does that make sense?).

i, too, am sure he will be fine as he has an apparently well deserved reputation for the very highest standards of professionalism and preparation.

i think the doubters would be very well advised to look at his performances in France and to listen to what his coaches, team mates and opponents there said about him.

gee, i wish him well and am very excited to see him play rugby AGAIN.
if his delivery is not hindered:
- he could complete one of the all-time classic Reds backlines.
- he could complete a Wallaby backline that takes them to number 1 when the forwards are sorted out.

** note i did not write anything about winning a RWC :)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He's never really had any recurring or chronic injuries has he?

I wouldn't be worried. If he struggles with injuries next year or later it's unlikely to be related to anything previously.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I was actually having a similar conversation with a mate of mine the other day (who is in the fitness industry.)

He said that "pound for pound, Hunt would be one of, if not the fittest in the Reds."

With AFL you have to basically run your arse off.

He said that Hunt's major concern would be putting on more muscle (which Reds HQ are focusing on). And hoping that he doesn't re-injure his knee.

I'm starting to go with Reg's view and play him #12 with Kerevi #13.

But, I was going to have Placid ideally at #15, but he is apparently doing something in Melbourne.........playing for some mob......or something.

T

Train Without a Station

He's never really had any recurring or chronic injuries has he?

I wouldn't be worried. If he struggles with injuries next year or later it's unlikely to be related to anything previously.

he's had hamstring, knee and calf issues in his time at the Suns. Potentially this is due to overuse which would not be the case in Rugby.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hunt training hard.

Can't wait for the rugby season.

10173569_10152805332465236_1214332362161179991_n.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I don't give a rats that he the fittest blah blah. He better just break the line score plenty of tries, save heaps of tries, tackle his guts out, and embrace the culture otherwise money not spent well - well reported $700,000

No pressure Special K but for the Reds sake I really do hope you achieve all of the above.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Willing to bet (not that it could be proven) he brings close to that much to the Reds in gate takings, merchandise etc alone.... 10 000 etc curious fans throughout the season = $400k. Alternatively, i'd say He and JOC (James O'Connor) bring in that figure easily.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I know there's been a bit of banter about the Reds luring Paul Alo-Emile home but that's officially off the cards with him signing at Stade Francaise after next season.

A real shame for prop stocks as he looked to be coming along nicely in his development.

B

Bobby Sands

are those soccer nets in the background cause for worry, has he been taking secret trials with the Brisbane Roar??

Jet basketballer, should be more worried about the Bullets if they still exist.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Fit enough? Probably. But I am pretty confident he would've meant cardio fit and as Tip has pointed out, the list of people fit enough to play top level AFL wouldn't be that long.

In terms of injuries, I think he only played 1 game this season but his injuries consisted of a broken little toe from playing with his daughter in his back yard, a staph infection, a concussion and a knee injury that was reported to only have him rested for one week. Not great but they certainly don't put him in the same basket as Lachie Turner and Chris Feauai-Sautia.

I reckon he'll be right.

I hope that's the case too, Scoey, as we have a lot to look forward to in 2015.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I know there's been a bit of banter about the Reds luring Paul Alo-Emile home but that's officially off the cards with him signing at Stade Francaise after next season.

A real shame for prop stocks as he looked to be coming along nicely in his development.

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with the ARU. Can we not keep at least a few quality THs in this country. Any chance we could lure Longbottom home in 2016?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Ah screw him, bugger off if he doesn't want to aim to be a Wallaby. I can understand when an aging player or one who is badly injury hampered looking off shore for the coin but players who haven't even peaked don't show intent to compete for a Wallaby cap shouldn't let the door bite them on the way out. It is a professional market but that don't mean I can't view these things from a sentimental perspective.

All the best to those young players who wan't to compete for a Wallaby cap I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.