• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I don’t want to boycott the Reds. I support them and still watch every game. I went as a Rebels supporter because I think Quade did a lot for QLD rugby, taking endless shit from people the whole time (some deserved), and was extremely loyal. His 100 plus games weren’t even rewarded with a “thanks, see you later”. So for this one particular game, being as it may be the last time I was able to see him play at Suncorp, I supported him and his team. This weekend I’ll wear my Reds hat. I just wanted to see Brad Thorn with egg on his face and I did, and it was joyous.

All that aside, Brad Thorn is from a country where rugby barely has to market itself. And he throws away a cash-strapped team’s best marketing asset because his sideburns are too long (or whatever).

I have it from a reliable source that it was because he wore the wrong socks to training. (I wish I was making this shit up)

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
i don’t like what happened with Quade too Godfrey.

It sucks and I’m rooting for him and the rebels to win the conference but I’d never go to a reds match with your mindset. Glad to hear your a fan again after your qausi affair with the rebels. Brad got his egg on his face. Let’s go back to being #WeAreRed

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I have it from a reliable source that it was because he wore the wrong socks to training. (I wish I was making this shit up)
I heard the final straw was a certain parking space he was asked not to park in, that and the fact the Ritchie McCaw was BT’s captain, the Kiwis will never forget that .

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don’t want to boycott the Reds. I support them and still watch every game. I went as a Rebels supporter because I think Quade did a lot for QLD rugby, taking endless shit from people the whole time (some deserved), and was extremely loyal. His 100 plus games weren’t even rewarded with a “thanks, see you later”. So for this one particular game, being as it may be the last time I was able to see him play at Suncorp, I supported him and his team. This weekend I’ll wear my Reds hat. I just wanted to see Brad Thorn with egg on his face and I did, and it was joyous.

All that aside, Brad Thorn is from a country where rugby barely has to market itself. And he throws away a cash-strapped team’s best marketing asset because his sideburns are too long (or whatever).
Godfrey, you do you mate.

Don't let others tell you who to support, how to support them, or how to feel.

Following a team can yield strong emotions, and having people dictating to you how you need to react to those emotions is pretty awful.

Me personally, I want the reds to win but I am not going to give the qru one single cent anymore until I see change because I feel that would make me an enabler.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Godfrey, you do you mate.

Don't let others tell you who to support, how to support them, or how to feel.

Following a team can yield strong emotions, and having people dictating to you how you need to react to those emotions is pretty awful.

Me personally, I want the reds to win but I am not going to give the qru one single cent anymore until I see change because I feel that would make me an enabler.

This works for me.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
Wayne Smith in the Oz reporting that the Reds are proceeding at speed to re-sign Thorn. What a f$&king disaster. Jeff Miller doing it again.

B

Bobby Sands

Call me stupid, call me Sally but I think the Reds are performing at their level or slightly above.

I’m quite bullish & not sure what everyone else is expecting?

Our starting flankers are 20.

A large amount of cap is interstate & we are chock full of qld bred talent.

Keep putting in lads, you are up against it & I enjoy watching the side toil & develop.

Rain, hail or opine.

It’s all just Red for me.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kerevi and Paia'aua going are concerns obviously with Sefa not helping things. I can't imagine Aidan Toua will be around next year either and who knows about Matt McGahan (both contracted to 2019).

We're chasing Billy Meakes but I can't imagine his new best mate QC (Quade Cooper) giving Brad a ringing endorsement.

Looking interstate though and Cam Magnay and Sione Tuipuluto are both off contract this year. Maybe Len Ikitau or Andy Muirhead would want to come home too?

Wayne Smith reckons the Reds are chasing both Meakes and Kuridrani.............

If he's to be believed that would add further weight to the rumours Kerevi is off to Japan.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Call me stupid, call me Sally but I think the Reds are performing at their level or slightly above.

I’m quite bullish & not sure every else is expecting?

A large amount of cap is interstate & we are chock full of qld red talent.

Keep putting in lads, you are up against it & I enjoy watching the side toil & develop.

Rain, hail or opine.

The Reds are performing at their level through their choice. We continue to chase away good players and throw in young guys who aren't ready. They then move on and play well for other teams.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
Reds have hired a 'sports profiler' to assist Thorn... Miller acknowledging Thorns many gaps in coaching skill but happy to re-sign him.

i give up....

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
I report. You guess.

Bo Hanson will "work with him (Thorn) and his Staff."

"to work with Thorn, his assistants Jim McKay and Peter Ryan and and other key officials."

"Bo is doing a really good job working with him and the coaching unit, just in terms of getting some coach development happening, getting cohesion, getting communication right," said Miller."

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
oh he does DISC and Myers Briggs and Emotional Intelligence competency....

i have suffered through this sh*t in my corporate life - pure pop psychology - looks like there is some real dysfunction in the ranks.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)

I’m quite bullish & not sure every else is expecting?

A large amount of cap is interstate & we are chock full of qld red talent.

Rain, hail or opine.

mate I 100% agree this should be a bloody good team in a year or two.

but geez I hate seeing Qld get beaten in anything.