• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I can live with those three hookers.

We probably need to re-assess the loose head prop situation then. Hoopert hasn't quite kicked on and Zander has had a number of brain farts over this season.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I actually don't mind the trio of Asiata, Nasser and Faessler. I think they are all Super Rugby quality but we just need a them to put their hand up and push to that next level.

I don't believe QLDer Feleti Kaitu'u has a contract next year and has dropped off in form recently, as well as having Folau Fainga'a in the hood in 2023 too.....
With the coaching change over at the force Kaitu'u should be much more available than he otherwise would have been as captain, I'd love to see him come home.

Mug Punter

Ward Prentice (10)
Nasser looks like he has a future at a higher level and Faessler/Asiata have not disappointed and will only get better with time

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
problem is there doesn't appear any proven, fit and available in the market place.

Most hookers this year around the Aussie super clubs have succumbed to injuries which always put doubt on them. It is only the brumbies who have hoarded a few away that might be raided, but from what I understand all of their lads are signed on tight deals until 2024
We should also look elsewhere and consider overseas options too, there may be good young hookers in NZ, SA or ARG that could come to the Reds and be SUper Rugby ready.

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
We should also look elsewhere and consider overseas options too, there may be good young hookers in NZ, SA or ARG that could come to the Reds and be SUper Rugby ready.
Would love to see
would love to see Malcolm Marx in the Reds forward pack, fantastic player and would be an outstanding mentor for young hookers and forwards.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
All the best to Alex. He had some great games for the Reds. I've been impressed with Richie's work rate over the season so we should be able to cover his departure.

Matty F needs to do a bit more work on discipline and battle retention. Gave away se dumb penalties against Moana last night.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I am hearing that plenty of Reds player managers looking for their clients not just Grealy and Mafi.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
There’s only 10 full time squad contracts left available and about 20 players in the squad including WTS/EPS, so not unexpected.

COVID created a false environment last year for retention. I think a few stayed on longer then they would have given uncertainty around international travel.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There’s only 10 full time squad contracts left available and about 20 players in the squad including WTS/EPS, so not unexpected.

COVID created a false environment last year for retention. I think a few stayed on longer then they would have given uncertainty around international travel.
And there are 2 Aussie clubs desperate for talent.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Speaking of which:
876664DF-5DAC-4C17-BEA5-D9169D1D30AE.jpeg

3 hookers.
2 THPs