• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies - RD10 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Brumbies are the best team in the comp right now (on par with the sharks). But I think the Reds will pull this one off. Hopefully you guys get a big crowd down there to get the players fired up.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Such an intriguing game on so many levels. Yes, the Brumbies are deserved #1 spot holders but their form has been somewhat inconsistent in recent weeks. The Reds struggled with form earlier in the season but have been building slowly and on the evidence of the weekend just been are looking fairly ominous. This game is a footy tippers nightmare.

A big QLD crowd of 35k+ will hopefully be worth a few points to the home side and prove the difference but. Reds by not much.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Scubber, here

15. Mogg - Better Kicker, Faster and game breaker
14. Speight, Rocket Rod will be lucky to play let alone be better than Speight - Wallaby in waiting.
13. A Finger - Great tackler
12. Lilo - Only just over Tams
11. Tomane/Digby - Close Call
10. Cooper, but only just recently
9. Genia - White's been awesome as well
8 Mowen - Schatz ain't got anything on the brumbies captain
7. Smith - Gill's close but If I had to pick one or the other it would always be Smith
6 Kilmin - Hands of Noodles but work rate is through the roof
5. Horwill - Australian Captain - Enough said
4. Carter/Simmions - I would rather Carter he gets through more work
3 Palmer - Want your meat and vegs before running around the fiel
2 Moore - Form Hooker
1 Alexander - His better then Holmes in the scrum and in the loose.

But if we need to match the reds tackle count we may have Alexander at TH and Sio at LH lifts the speed of the game.

9 x Brumbies
4 x Reds
2 x Even

something

Jim Clark (26)
I think you got a bit of a reach to think Lance will ever play Test rugby.

15 was only highlighted because Mogg was in the 30 man squad and is a very good chance for wallabies this year. When i highlighted i didnt mean that both players would be future wallabies. just either or (or specifically in this case in the 30man squad)

14. Rocket

Speight is much better than rocket in my opinion. He has been the form 'aussie' winger this season. I doubt rocket will be in the starting 15 for this game - even after last weeks performance.

I agree with you on the reds tight 5 being stronger. I think the reds forwards work as a unit better than any other team. I think the brumbies forwards are better individuals though bar Horwill & Simmons. Slipper maybe could have gone the other way though he is playing great.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Personally I've Tipped the Brumbies (as I would) but Home ground advantage might be too much, lol I also would feel alot better if Fardy was playing (Not sure if he is ATM) his massive for the Brumbies

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I actually think probably Jordan Smiler probably be at 6, he was good against the Highlanders and was good in the Trials.. But dont know much about him

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
9 x Brumbies
4 x Reds
2 x Even

Reds might be better off forfeiting, they are going to get smashed. If they can just hold it together for a couple more games this season they may be able to avoid the wooden spoon. I doubt any of the reds have anything to prove at this stage.

The Brumbies are building nicely into their season and come to Suncorp which is like a home away from home for them.

Yep, it's just the way I want it.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
I don't think this match will be decisive at all, despite all the hype and the chest beating.
There are another 7 matches to play after this one, a total of 28 to 35 points available.
If the Brumbies win, they may go 6 points ahead, if the Reds win they'll go 2 or 3 ahead - nothing in both cases if you consider the points still available for the rest of the season.
Perspective is important. Kiwi and RSA sides may also have somnething to say about who comes on top of the OZ conference. Plus injuries.

T

tranquility

Its massive. If the Brumbies lose there will be some serious doubt creeping into camp.

If the Reds win they will feel 10 feet tall and bulletproof.

T

tranquility

The Reds will still be chasing The Brumbies, and The Brumbies will be sitting very pretty on top of the conference.

Hence why it is an enormous encounter, if the Brumbies win it is the status quo.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scubber, here

15. Mogg - Better Kicker, Faster and game breaker
14. etc
1 Alexander - His better then Holmes in the scrum and in the loose.

9 x Brumbies
4 x Reds
2 x Even

But there is more
MacKenzie v White - Both master at the mind games
Graham v Smith - Defence coaches
Reserves
16 Anae v Silvia - only one can throw straight
17 Daley v Sio - only one can scrummage
18 Samo v Fotu - 38 not 28
19 Butler/Robinson v Fainga'a - last 10 minutes only
20 Frisby v Prior - Like Chris Whittaker don't bother showering as you won't get off the bench
21 CFS v McCabe
22 Toua v Coleman/Rathbone
Bonus 23 AWH/ Ed O'D v Ettienne
24 th Man Crowd

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Reds might be better off forfeiting, they are going to get smashed. If they can just hold it together for a couple more games this season they may be able to avoid the wooden spoon. I doubt any of the reds have anything to prove at this stage.

The Brumbies are building nicely into their season and come to Suncorp which is like a home away from home for them.

Yep, it's just the way I want it.
My response was to scrubbers 10 Reds and Rocket Rod being better than Speight. Its easy to say they are mostly equal across the park and I think who ever has the better game plan will win. But hey who's me to judge you for not reading the whole thred

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Reds will still be chasing The Brumbies, and The Brumbies will be sitting very pretty on top of the conference.

Hence why it is an enormous encounter, if the Brumbies win it is the status quo.
I think your being a bit kind there we are sitting pretty, but status quo the Reds have been the best team in oz the last few years, even last year's breakout year we still finished behind the Reds. And as much as your trying to be the underdog. The Reds will think they have the making of the Brumbies and will win hit the front and stay there where as if they don't it may think there better off trying to make the top 6.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
To support the best of all worlds - Reds and Brumbies end the pre-Finals phase as numbers 1 and 2 (either way) on the S15 ladder, what we now want to happen of course is that the Tahs defeat the Chiefs on Friday night (yes, I'm serious).

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Its massive. If the Brumbies lose there will be some serious doubt creeping into camp.

If the Reds win they will feel 10 feet tall and bulletproof.

I don't like it when they feel 10ft tall and bullet proof. They then stuff it up. I still have cold sweats thinking about that semi last year vs the Sharks. This game will be tight but epic. Only two days of work left till I jump on the plan to come down for it. Bloody can't wait.

P

Paradox

if Kimlin & Quirk are both at 6 i would rate Quirk over Kimlin. Both have immense work rates but Quirk doesn't drop it.

Kimlin won round 1 this year but yes Kimlin does drop it a lot which undoes a lot of his good work.

Reds favourites to win.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)

So it is massive because if the reds win the brumbies will start having doubt about themselves. If the reds lose, however, they will still be chasing the brumbies hard.
Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.