• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies - Take 1

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Reds with a big chance to silence the critics.

Brumbies would no doubt like to land a few blows to keep the Reds down.

Pity we are part way through the week and no match thread yet. Maybe the Reds are that far down in calculations.

Looking forward to the game. At the end of the day if the Reds are going to achieve anything they need to be beating the top 4 sides.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Pity we are part way through the week and no match thread yet. Maybe the Reds are that far down in calculations.
I believe the term is quietly confident - pretty standard from Reds fans these days ;)

In all seriousness though, it's got all the makings of a belter. Reds by 3.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Any word on Ala'alatoa? Brumbies with a significantly more experienced/vaunted tight 5 which could be the key to unlocking their backs to run riot.

If the Reds can get close to parity there then I'd back our 6-15 over the Brumbies'. That's a big if.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Allan A won't be playing due HIA return protocols.

Ikitau was also replaced with what looked like an injury of sorts last week. Haven't heard anything on that front, but clearly Reds have to be favourites for this match.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Brumbies should win it comfortably, probably on the back of a dominant set piece and maul which will no doubt cause Qld fans to lose their minds. Which will be awesome.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Get your bets in on what Swain gets carded for and what colour card it is. I'm going with two yellows upgraded to red, one for repeated infringements one for a marginal high tackle.
By the time he gets on the field it could all be done and dusted. Unless they do a rotation, he will not be a starting lock.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
By the time he gets on the field it could all be done and dusted. Unless they do a rotation, he will not be a starting lock.
They do look like they've been doing a rotation or two each week, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him start.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Reds have an all-Wallaby backline, and all-Wallaby backrow, and what I assume is a tight five filled with players that should have been Wallabies...

And they're up against a rag tag group of journeymen, NPC rejects, a semi-retired coach, and some random club player that was in line at the BBQ last month...

The Reds must be confident of putting on another 70+ points.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Reds have an all-Wallaby backline, and all-Wallaby backrow, and what I assume is a tight five filled with players that should have been Wallabies...

And they're up against a rag tag group of journeymen, NPC rejects, a semi-retired coach, and some random club player that was in line at the BBQ last month...

The Reds must be confident of putting on another 70+ points.

when did Josh Flook play for the Wallabies?

ipso facto you don't know what you're talking about; your argument is fallacious and we can ignore everything else in your statement.

Reds by 12

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Tight 5 battle to decide the game. isn’t a single wallaby cap between the Reds.

Maybe Brumbies could loan one of their wallaby capped hookers or locks that won’t even make the starting team?

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Tight 5 battle to decide the game. isn’t a single wallaby cap between the Reds.

Maybe Brumbies could loan one of their wallaby capped hookers or locks that won’t even make the starting team?

Maybe you could develop your own coaching pathways and players, so that when you sign those players and coach them well, they all become Wallabies capped despite being in the same position in the same team?!

Lord Laurie must really know his shit - Fainga'a, McInerney, Lonergan and Pollard all hadn’t played a game of Super Rugby and all are capped Wallabies now.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Maybe you could develop your own coaching pathways and players, so that when you sign those players and coach them well, they all become Wallabies capped despite being in the same position in the same team?!

Lord Laurie must really know his shit - Fainga'a, McInerney, Lonergan and Pollard all hadn’t played a game of Super Rugby and all are capped Wallabies now.
Idk the QLD rugby pathways seem to work pretty well for you guys, seeing as your team last week had 7 players who came through them