• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force, Super Rugby Round 5, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Suncorp Stadium, March 16, Kick off 6:30pm local time.

The Force will come out the blocks hard after a week's rest looking to score their first win for 2013. Former Reds favourite Hugh McMeniman returns to Suncorp for the first time in the Force colours and will no doubt be looking to impress as the Force try to build on a much improved performance against the Bulls.

Meanwhile, the Reds have played well in patches for their past 3 wins without managing to put together a full 80 minute performance. To haul in the Brumbies at the top of the Australian Conference, they're going to have to start picking up some bonus points wins and will no doubt be targetting this match as a 5 pointer.

And as far as pre-match motivational speeches go, well - let's just leave them up to Van Humphries........

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Pressure on the Reds for a more complete game this week. The best teams put the average sides away as the Chiefs did vs the Cheetahs. Such a win would show them as a real contender. Predict a win but can see them doing just enough again and the Force never being out of it.

What are Genias chances? Horan said last night it would be a couple of weeks so probably very slim. Bench maybe.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Horan also said he was going to the Force.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind seeing Samo start in the row with Simmons

Where is Kev at?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
We're going to get minced.

Godwin to outplay Tapuai.

I reckon you're wrong on both counts. The force are nailing down a starting team, I expect more cohesion. Reds without genia are a different animal, and cooper is still getting back to his best.

I reckon the result will be within 10 points for sure.

M

Moono75

Force will need to keep an eye on Taps who has been looking very dangerous and Gill had another corker of a game against the Rebels.

The Force are building up to something. They are gradually working out their best team. Would like to see Alcock start the game or at least get 60 minutes. Sias deserves to start after last week and I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Touatara Morrison get a chance at 13. He was carving up pre-season then hasn't got a look in. MMM and Cottrell are starting to look like a formidable wrecking crew.

Another road game for the guys but hopefully the weeks rest will refresh the legs. Suncorp a tough venue to play when full.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Another big factor indicating a Reds victory, besides the home ground advantage (the stockade), is that the Reds know how to win, which unfortunately the Force don't '.
Ideally I'd like to see both sides get 4+ tries, and that the reds win by less than 8 points, giving the Force 2 bonus points and some confidence.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The Force couldn't score 4 tries in the Captain's run.The Reds looking at a bonus point.The Force looking at kicking penalty goals all night.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reds really need to put a solid game together now. Keep playing like they have been and they will have a poor run when they start playing the saffa teams (the current leaders in the Muttonbird Cup) and the NZ guys.

The force can win, just like any of the other super rugby franchises.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Big banana skin game for the Reds. The Force have come off the bye and had plenty of time to work on their game. Never easy games in this comp.

Reactions: gel

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Don't want to give the Force any tries. This season is shaping to be close and for and against could be as important as bonus points.

Reactions: gel

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Reds while not out and out impressing, are showing a maturity that allows them to close out games against weaker opposition.

The Force would have to have all of the stars align for them to even have a chance.

Reds by 18.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Big banana skin game for the Reds. The Force have come off the bye and had plenty of time to work on their game. Never easy games in this comp.

The reds have started slow, they'll get going this weekend. The backs looks much better with Ant back. The Force don't have the firepower to get over our line enough times.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
^ Check out Frisby's try, including the couple of phases before & you'll see WTF why they look better with Ant back.
This is just one example of many throughout the game, including some great defense. SOmetimes a great pass, like the one from JOC (James O'Connor) for Mitchell's try are nigh in indefensible.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The Force have a trump card in Phil Fowler on there coaching staff. He was closely involved with the Reds over the last few years and has worked with Link closely before that too. I am sure that the Force would have been aiming for this game for the last 2 weeks.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Opinions of fowler very Wildly. But most people I talk to believe he was no loss at all

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Apparently he was thought of quite highly at one stage and was seen as the brains behind the win against the Bulls at Suncorp in 2011, the Digby Turtle game. But I've heard the same thing Sully. Still he worked closely with the Reds players so should provide some insight for the Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.