• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Tahs : Opening game of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
I know that there are other threads going examining the likely make up of the teams, whether Carter will ever play again, whether Cooper will be nervous at shower time and a whole host of other very important topics. However, I think a thread is needed for the actual game itself (yes, I know its still over two months away but once Xmas, NYE and Australia Day are over, it will be here before we know it) and, more importantly, who is going to the game.

I have booked the weekend up north, flying in on the Friday arvo and back Sunday evening. I am also taking Mrs Riddler up for a Valentines Day treat by taking her to the game (actually taking her out for lonnnnng lunch on Sunday before flying back).

I think that a Saturday afternoon pre-game G&GR gathering is well in order and hopefully one of the locals can suggest a suitable place.

Let the festivities commence.

[Edit - home team icon]

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Hate week already? My alarm musn't have gone off.

Don't forget your banjo Riddler. They like a bit of high culture up there.

I might even head up there myself.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Thats it Scarfman, you are on an official warning.

Watch your back for flying cane toads when you are up here.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
im hoping to head up, if i come through chrissy unfazed in the back pocket then will be there for sure.
as for the meet up, nothing beats the caxton st pub crawl on the way to the game. its the reason for going!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
TheRiddler said:
I know that there are other threads going examining the likely make up of the teams, whether Carter will ever play again, whether Cooper will be nervous at shower time and a whole host of other very important topics. However, I think a thread is needed for the actual game itself (yes, I know its still over two months away but once Xmas, NYE and Australia Day are over, it will be here before we know it) and, more importantly, who is going to the game.

I have booked the weekend up north, flying in on the Friday arvo and back Sunday evening. I am also taking Mrs Riddler up for a Valentines Day treat by taking her to the game (actually taking her out for lonnnnng lunch on Sunday before flying back).

I think that a Saturday afternoon pre-game G&GR gathering is well in order and hopefully one of the locals can suggest a suitable place.

Let the festivities commence.

[Edit - home team icon]

So you want to take "she who must be obeyed" to a G&GR gathering?

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
fatprop said:

If I want to remain Testiculus Intactus then it would probably be a good idea. Plus who's to say that there arent other members of the fairer sex who would attend? I mean has anyone ever seen WaratahJesus in the flesh? There must be a reason for the Tom Carter infatuation and maybe its because WJ is a female and its just good old fashioned sexual lust? Mrs Riddler thinks he's quite cute as well (TC not WJ) but there again she thinks I'm ok and therefore clearly has poor taste.

And has anyone met Nazza? ::)

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
TheRiddler said:
fatprop said:

If I want to remain Testiculus Intactus then it would probably be a good idea. Plus who's to say that there arent other members of the fairer sex who would attend?

Of course your missus is welcome Riddler, how could you think otherwise!?

(note to self: give TR directions to wrong pub)

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Scarfman said:
Of course your missus is welcome Riddler, how could you think otherwise!?

(note to self: give TR directions to wrong pub)

Oh great man of golden neck warmer, as long as you look (or sound) nothing like a certain country singer who used to bore the crap out of Wallaby internationals before someone at ARU head office actually had a bright idea for once and realised that you cant take the count out of country, then Mrs Riddler should get on fine.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
TheRiddler said:
fatprop said:

If I want to remain Testiculus Intactus then it would probably be a good idea. Plus who's to say that there arent other members of the fairer sex who would attend? I mean has anyone ever seen WaratahJesus in the flesh? There must be a reason for the Tom Carter infatuation and maybe its because WJ is a female and its just good old fashioned sexual lust? Mrs Riddler thinks he's quite cute as well (TC not WJ) but there again she thinks I'm ok and therefore clearly has poor taste.

No-one has met Naza. He is a construct somewhere in the mainframe. You didn't think he could be real, did you?
Mrs Riddler obviously likes honest types - she knows TC would never make a pass!! (Sorry, I'll get me coat!)
I could be persuaded to head north for the game - been up there recently and the vaccinations last a few months more.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I will be there.

I am a waratah supported living in Brisbane, never miss the opportunity to dress respectably for a change :thumb

R

rugbywhisperer

Scarfman said:
Hate week already? My alarm musn't have gone off...
Don't forget your banjo Riddler. They like a bit of high culture up there.
I might even head up there myself.

We will even get some backwoods people (that's Gold Coast to you) so you feel right at home there Scarfy.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
SM: Can I have a latte with a pinch of sugar and a dollop of cream please?

Bar: No Only Bi eeeer.

SM: Latte?

Bar: Bi eeeer

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
TheRiddler said:
fatprop said:

Yes. I have had a night on the suds with him.
Drinks like a fish and is a big lad.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I reckon it'll be 3 - 3, outdoing the Brumbies - Reds borefest from a few years back.

You heard it here first.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
3-3, well a draw from an away game would be a great start to the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.