• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

reds v the bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
at the risk of upsetting the already fragile reds supporters

this could will be the byes breakthrough win

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This could be the breather that the Reds need to regroup.

Morale and confidence seem to be rather low and a week off could be just the injection they need.

Get the uninjured, and out of form, back at their clubs for a round to boost their confidence.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I think the bye's defense will be the problem in this game. They have known to have hole's everywhere and have a very bad tackle success ratio. I reckon if Genia goes for a few runs he might make a break.

The bye's linespeed, or lack thereof is also an issue for them. We should be able to occasionally make the gainline

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tall Poppy Syndrome (the Australian Way) Rules.
1. Cut Tall Poppies down.
2. Don't stamp on a Tall Poppy that has been cut down, or fallen down through its own means.
3. Gloating is unbecoming.
4. Help former Tall Poppies become nice flowers again.
5. If nice flowers become Tall Poppies again, Rule 1 applies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Joking aside, get all the players back in club rugby this week.

I'm sure the clubland supporters would gladly let them know how piss poor they've been.

T

tranquility

Death match.

Probables vs possibles.

Those who survive will make up our 23 for the next match.

T

tranquility

and the onfield officials are all fro SA

Based on this forum, I would say they would be more impartial than NSW or ACT TMO's. But impartially wouldn't be the order of the day if I were in the box for a Tah's match either. So it goes.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Joking aside, get all the players back in club rugby this week.

I'm sure the clubland supporters would gladly let them know how piss poor they've been.

Understand the sentiment, but probably not a great idea given the injuries that have occurred thus far in the season. With the longer season, sometimes the body just needs a bit of a break and the bye provides it.

What I think they could do is get out to the local clubs and do a bit of promo work, try and keep the fire burning. I remember a few years back when the Brumbies were going through a lean patch (might have been 08 or 09) and some of the more prominent players were seen around the local clubs. Made a bit of a difference IMO

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
An opportunity for soul-searching.

IMO JH needs to behave like a captain - after-match interviews/pressers, not blaming everyone else, setting a good example, etc.

At the moment he seems like a baby who has thrown all of the toys out of the pram.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
It's a pretty useless time for a bye isn't it? They come back, play one game then have 3 weeks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.