• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Bulls 2011R09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Next challenge is the Bulls. They looked battered and wounded after their game vs the Crusaders. How will we take them on? Fast and hard is my bet like last year. The backline should remain unchanged but I think we should rest Slipper to the bench and give Shepherdson a start, swap Samo and AWH at blinside and leave the rest unchanged. Is Van fit? he should feature somewhere in the side. Maybe Shatz to come onto the bench for Leroy. I want to see more of Gill also.

What are your thoughts?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I would leave Samo. I thought he was great against the Stormers. Shatz for Houston would be good.

How long before Lucas is back? He would take Priors spot on the bench.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
title should be changed to round 9

thought samo looked alright to play 40 or 50 minutes of all out and then be subbed off.

T

TOCC

honestly, the way Link has been rotating the squad, its anyone's guess as to who the starting lineup will be...

We might see Shatz brought back in as well.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I can see Link leaving Samo at 6 for the next week or so, but it wouldn't surprise me if Samo pulls up a bit sore from the Stormers game and is rested.

A big question is, whether Link will bring Van back into the 22. Kev played a pretty brutal game for the full 80 minutes whilst Simmons has been rested somewhat over the past couple of weeks. Do you bring Van in to bring another level head at the line outs?

An even bigger question is, what will he do with the centres? Surely Morahan did enough to keep the 15, but do you keep Harris and A Finger in the centres against the Bulls?

T

TheTruth

I can see Link leaving Samo at 6 for the next week or so, but it wouldn't surprise me if Samo pulls up a bit sore from the Stormers game and is rested.

A big question is, whether Link will bring Van back into the 22. Kev played a pretty brutal game for the full 80 minutes whilst Simmons has been rested somewhat over the past couple of weeks. Do you bring Van in to bring another level head at the line outs?

An even bigger question is, what will he do with the centres? Surely Morahan did enough to keep the 15, but do you keep Harris and A Finger in the centres against the Bulls?

Agree with most of your post - Samo should bve retained as added extra grunt everywhere. Van on for lineouts, Hanson run-on. Like to see Shep get a run with Daley and Slipper on bench to cover both sides. Morahan a certainty anthink Lucas will regain a bench spot. Shatz/Houston who knows

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Although we left Newlands injury free I wouldn't mind betting their would be some sore bodies amongst the group and with the travel home there might be a bit of rotation happening. That was my justification for giving Slipper a rest. If I thought none of this would be a factor I would name the same starting 15. The only way I can see Van comming back is if Kev went to six but we have been there. On the other hand, With Robinson on the other side the backrow dynamic will be better if tried again.

god knows.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds will have to be very wary of the Bulls this week.

They have too many top class players to be taken lightly and they'll be mightily pissed off about getting spanked to nil by the Crusaders.

I think you might be on your own with your Reds by 50 prediction this week PB.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
it's coming. Vengeance for 2007. On that day, the Reds were abolished, professionally embarrassed, made their fans feel embarrassed to follow them. This time, it's our turn. I want to see us fucking romp the bulls!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Reds all clear on the judiciary front?

Cooper had a fair crack at pulling someones head off and was mucking around close to the face. Not really suspension worthy, but considering the lottery draw the judiciary have been this year, a vengeful SA official might try and get some summary justice.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
it's coming. Vengeance for 2007. On that day, the Reds were abolished, professionally embarrassed, made their fans feel embarrassed to follow them. This time, it's our turn. I want to see us fucking romp the bulls!
Just told the board what a humble lot you are and then this one coming. For your sake I hope the Brutes embarras you again like in 2007 altho I know I have a better change of getting pragnent.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The SA guys are a lot more tolerant than Aus or NZ guys I think. Don't think Cooper is likely to be cited but he was lucky he didn't face further sanction during the game.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Did you not go in 2008? 40-8 was a pretty impressive turnaround effort. I don't think the Reds will romp home on Saturday night, they'll have to fight hard to win this match. You're still looking at a Bulls line up including Matfield, Fourie du Preez, Morne Steyn, Bakkies Botha and Pierre Spies. They're not turning up with a bunch of nobodies, these blokes are proven winners who'll be out to restore pride in their performance after last weekend.

But if the Reds do win it, we can look forward to the biggest interstate clash since "Wendell's a Wanker" back in 2006.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
But if the Reds do win it, we can look forward to the biggest interstate clash since "Wendell's a Wanker" back in 2006.

I was at that game ... oh, the fond fond memories of a very fun crowd and bagging of Dell :) iirc, was very pleased to see the back of him!

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
It'll be a tough battle that's for sure. I'm extremely interested in the game plan this week. I doubt it'll be another ' run them off their feet, keep the ball in play ' like last year but you never know. At least our forwards will be battle hardened, I imagine both teams will be a little weary to say the least. I hope we run it at them all night & score a few meat pies (we are the bbq entertainers after all :))

Status
Not open for further replies.