• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Crusaders Super Rugby Rd11 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

What2040

Beau supposed to be out - Gill = 7, Schatz or Quirk to 6. Due to experience probably lean more towards Schatz

L

laps

If I see one more person tip the current Reds side over the Crusaders, I'm going to flip out. I accept people saying that they have bias so are tipping their team, but to say Reds are going to win is outrageous when factoring squads and form. Few hard truths:

1. At the Reds best, they were only just to beat the Crusaders
2. Crusaders are at home
3. Reds are playing terrible. You beat the blues. Does that seriously give you hope? (PS. The Rebels also beat the blues...)
4. The tahs are better than the reds, and they still stuggled against the crusaders.
5. If Fruean was out - crusaders still win by 7+ - Sorry :(

I'm tipping Reds don't even get a bonus point.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
If I see one more person tip the current Reds side over the Crusaders, I'm going to flip out. I accept people saying that they have bias so are tipping their team, but to say Reds are going to win is outrageous when factoring squads and form. Few hard truths:

2. Crusaders are at home
3. Reds are playing terrible. You beat the blues. Does that seriously give you hope? (PS. The Rebels also beat the blues...)
4. The tahs are better than the reds, and they still stuggled against the crusaders.

I thought the Reds have beaten them 3 times in a row (inc trial game)

I am looking forward to this game so much, it will be like watching a Reds game from 3 years ago when you would justify why you could beat a champion side and then be on the edge of the seat dreaming of a win. If you win then you are over the moon and if you lose then at least you get to see a great game.

Crusaders by 3 for me. Gill 10 minutes for repeated ruck infringments, and Ritchie to be warned about 50 time but never given a card

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)

2. Crusaders are at home

What a greatly insightful analysis of the Reds

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I just hope that it is a good match, no refereeing controversies, and no serious injuries. May the better team win, and all that.

Go the Reds.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)

2. Crusaders are at home

Reds by 8.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)

2. Crusaders are at home

Revised my earlier prediction... Reds by 40

T

tranquility

2. Crusaders are at home

You dribble better than Wilt Chamberlain

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Isn't it four times in a row including the 2010 thrashing?

Three times in a row, in Brisbane. I don't think anyone could seriously consider the result in a trial game to be an accurate reflection. The last time they played in Christchurch it was Crusaders 32-12 Reds. Would a 20 point margin be considered a 'thrashing' in your terms? Or does that only kick in at 21 points and above?

You sound very confident though, you would be silly not to make the trip down to your local TAB! You should get fairly decent odds.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I just hope that it is a good match, no refereeing controversies, and no serious injuries. May the better team win, and all that.

I read this somewhere before the Aus vs NZ RWC Semi: "May the Rugby be fast, the ref insignificant and may the best team win." Love it. :)

And Liquor Box, yep it's 4 times incl trials. :)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
You sound very confident though, you would be silly not to make the trip down to your local TAB! You should get fairly decent odds.

Considering they had us at $3 outsiders against the Blues, the odds should be very tasty!

And a thrashing definately starts at 21pts. ;) Honestly though, I think the biggest thing for Reds fans that night was that it was a 4 try BP win for us. I don't know the numbers but I wouldn't think the 'Saders would concede one of them too often.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Considering they had us at $3 outsiders against the Blues, the odds should be very tasty!

And a thrashing definately starts at 21pts. ;) Honestly though, I think the biggest thing for Reds fans that night was that it was a 4 try BP win for us. I don't know the numbers but I wouldn't think the 'Saders would concede one of them too often.

Definitely not, that was a great result for the Reds. If I remember correctly, that game was very early in the 2010 season. Right at the beginning of Link's term with the Reds. No one was taking the Reds seriously at that point and the Crusaders (who don't usually start off their seasons on fire) turned up to that game thinking it would be an easy 4 point win and odds on for a 4 try bonus point...the 4 try bonus point was right on the mark, except it went to the other team! The Reds certainly surprised a few teams that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.