• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Crusaders Super Rugby Rd11 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

I got in it last week too.... This week, they are paying $5.... Wow that is long odds for a two horse race

W

What2040

If I see one more person tip the current Reds side over the Crusaders, I'm going to flip out. I accept people saying that they have bias so are tipping their team, but to say Reds are going to win is outrageous when factoring squads and form. Few hard truths:

1. At the Reds best, they were only just to beat the Crusaders
2. Crusaders are at home
3. Reds are playing terrible. You beat the blues. Does that seriously give you hope? (PS. The Rebels also beat the blues...)
4. The tahs are better than the reds, and they still stuggled against the crusaders.
5. If Fruean was out - crusaders still win by 7+ - Sorry :(

I'm tipping Reds don't even get a bonus point.

Laps,

at least the Reds can beat the saders unlike your mob. Whatyamean "outrageous" - look forward to you hopefully "flipping out"

Sir, you are a troller

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
If I see one more person tip the current Reds side over the Crusaders, I'm going to flip out. I accept people saying that they have bias so are tipping their team, but to say Reds are going to win is outrageous when factoring squads and form. Few hard truths:

2. Crusaders are at home
3. Reds are playing terrible. You beat the blues. Does that seriously give you hope? (PS. The Rebels also beat the blues...)
4. The tahs are better than the reds, and they still stuggled against the crusaders.

I was going to tip the Reds to win by 12, but after Laps brilliant analysis, I am reducing the win to 11
Question: Can you do a reverse flip after a flip out?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm still trying to figure out Laps' reasoning as to why he thinks the Tahs are better than the Reds....... From my understanding, there is a trophy down at Reds HQ that says we are better. Further, I do believe we have more wins than the Tahs this season. Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't the Reds beat the Tahs last time they met?

Or am I way off the mark here?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Just on the Robbie Fruean thing, who did the Tahs have at 13 on the weekend in Horne's absence?

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)

How can you justifiably say the Waratahs are better than the Reds? We beat them after they played well and we played horribly, and watching their form they haven't really progressed since then, while the Reds have come forwards in leaps and bounds from the horrid first 3 rounds they played (which, coincidentally, they won).

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
How can you justifiably say the Waratahs are better than the Reds? We beat them after they played well and we played horribly, and watching their form they haven't really progressed since then, while the Reds have come forwards in leaps and bounds from the horrid first 3 rounds they played (which, coincidentally, they won).

Agree with your point re: Waratahs being better than the Reds. There has been nothing this year and certainly not last year from the Tahs to suggest that that is the case. However, are you able to pinpoint the round this year where the Reds made the dramatic improvement from the first 3 weeks? I must have missed that week as well as the subsequent weeks.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I got in it last week too.... This week, they are paying $5.... Wow that is long odds for a two horse race

Unfortunately, I can't bet on that online bookie site as much as I did last week on the Reds and won, they've imposed betting limits to less than 10% of what I did in the first place!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)

2. Crusaders are at home

Shhhhhhhhhhhh FFS laps don't you dare deprive me of the opportunity to view my side as an underdog :)

Come on. My boys are playing the current champs. We have a home ground but its not our real home ground. Reds have two days recovery up on us. They've sorted out Genia. They've beaten us previously several times. They played well against the Blues. Saders played alright against the Tahs but should have scored more. Dan's groin isn't 100%, McCaw only came back last week.

Seriously, I wouldn't even bring the Saders as fav's at the TAB into consideration. It's clear we are screwed, we have no chance. If somehow, the Saders manage to get up two things will happen, the Saders won't get any credit for their win without a "but the ref helped them with this.." or a "Saders got away all game with that..." type of comment & secondly & more importantly I'll be deliriously happy. Make it happen Cru.;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
To paraphrase one of your favourite Queenslanders, if the Crusaders don't win this game I will walk backwards to Bourke.

They are definitely one of the best teams this season and are hitting peak form.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Agree with your point re: Waratahs being better than the Reds. There has been nothing this year and certainly not last year from the Tahs to suggest that that is the case. However, are you able to pinpoint the round this year where the Reds made the dramatic improvement from the first 3 weeks? I must have missed that week as well as the subsequent weeks.
It's been a gradual thing. Each week Lucas has played 10 the reds have gotten better, and our backrow has developed exponentially. Gill and Robinson really do have bright futures. Once our backline injury situation softens a bit, hopefully after the inbound test window, it'll be well equipped to make a push for the finals.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
To paraphrase one of your favourite Queenslanders, if the Crusaders don't win this game I will walk backwards to Bourke.

They are definitely one of the best teams this season and are hitting peak form.

Bourke the town, or Matt Burke? Both equally unappealing.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
GO THE REDS.

Quirk being both agressive and mobile might just be the right fit for this one. Ant will handle Fruen well. Did last year plus having SBW inside of him. This game will be a cracker and the Reds are most certainly capable of stealing an upset.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Reds to lose by 25!

I'm going down the Angry Seahorse path of wanting to be the underdog.......
Quade is still out
We've been underperforming all season
WG's shenanigans have upset the team
RG's appointment has upset the team
It's not at Suncorp
We still don't have a settled back combination
Genia's head is still all over the place

Ah what the hell, Reds by 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Tahs were awful and Fruen was sublime last week.

The reds are a different team with Digby, Saia and AFinger.

It certainly will be interesting.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
The Crusaders are hardly the team they were last year and are languishing mid-table in what is frankly a pretty weak conference. The Tahs were charitable giving them so many points last weekend.

The Reds, on the other hand, are building toward something big. They were able to break down the renowned Blues defence at will last week through a sublime combination of power and sleight of hand. They are oozing confidence and the competition for starting berths, especially in the backline, is beyond fierce.

I predict a whitewash.

connor95

Allen Oxlade (6)
With McCaw starting for the crusaders as captain, and Robbie Fruens form of late, the crusaders are looking as though they will more than likely win this weekend, they are still my tip for the premiership

Status
Not open for further replies.