• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Waratahs, 2011R10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Ok, now on to next week. I am not even being a troll when I say this is a must win game for the Tahs or thdey will seriously lose touch with the Reds on the log.

I think the Reds will be really pissed off about that shit performance in Sydney. I cant wait for this one.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
reds have to go into this one as overwhelming favourates, at home, on a streak, top of the ladder, few injuries.

tahs will be lucky, but hopefully the reds continue there over confident lets dance when we score bullcrap and the tahs can surprise them.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Festival of hate part 2....
I can only hope that history repeats itself as it has for the last 8 years.

T

TOCC

This game is effectively worth double points in terms of reaching the finals for either team, if the Reds win they put themselves in strong lead for the Australian conference, leaving the Waratahs to effectively chase a wild card position which is looking increasingly difficult.

If NSW win, they put themselves right back up with the Reds at the top of the conference, and a dent in confidence for the Reds could be detrimental considering they still have the Blues and Crusaders in coming weeks.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Will be a cracker - they always are! Hopefully Lang Park will be pumping. Of course, I think the Reds will get this (recent form, home ground advantage, me being a Reds fan) but this derby is always pretty special, and the Tahs have years (long, painful years) of history on their side.

As a long suffering Reds fan, I'm hoping for a walloping :)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
This game is effectively worth double points in terms of reaching the finals for either team, if the Reds win they put themselves in strong lead for the Australian conference, leaving the Waratahs to effectively chase a wild card position which is looking increasingly difficult.

If NSW win, they put themselves right back up with the Reds at the top of the conference, and a dent in confidence for the Reds could be detrimental considering they still have the Blues and Crusaders in coming weeks.
NSW are really 2 games down on the Reds. It could become 3, an insurmountable gap. My biggest concern is that after tonight there are 3 Kiwi teams in the "finals" positions at the moment. I realise there is a way to go, but I think it is critical for 2 Aus teams to earn their way into the finals, otherwise there will be endless "I told you sos" from NZ and South Africa. I just don't see it happening at the moment.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The good thing for the Reds is that they were far from their best at the ruck against the Bulls. Link has a lot to work on this week, and will be able to pull their focus in.

Of course this is a local derby, so form doesn't mean much at all.

A

Alex-A

On current form i can't see the Tahs winning this one. It will however be a much more interesting contest if the Tahs get back some of their injured players. Waugh, Barnes, Cliffy, and YES even Tommy Carter will make a huge difference. The Tahs backline combinations looked very unsettled against the Blues and Carter definately helps get some forward momentum (cant belive im saying it though!).

R

ripper868

reds have to go into this one as overwhelming favourates, at home, on a streak, top of the ladder, few injuries.

tahs will be lucky, but hopefully the reds continue there over confident lets dance when we score bullcrap and the tahs can surprise them.

Well if you cant be confident after 6 straight when can you? Would you prefer no emotion, no joy? Sorry.

Can't wait to head to Suncorp next week, will be a cracking game. Tahs need rainfor any chance.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Well if you cant be confident after 6 straight when can you? Would you prefer no emotion, no joy? Sorry.

Can't wait to head to Suncorp next week, will be a cracking game. Tahs need rainfor any chance.

i would prefer a happy joy with team mates who helped him achieve what he individually celebrated, but thats just me, i didnt like AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) jumping into the crowd a few years back for the wallabies when there was still alot of time left.

seperately to that it was a light hearted dig at the qld. on aggregate, the tahs are well up in the state of the union.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yep, will be a belter of a game. Reds in the drivers seat on the basis of the last few games but if NSW are going to aim up for one game in the season, they probably will for this one. Can't wait.

T

TOCC

Whats the status on NSW injuries?
Davies and Slipper might be injured for the Reds, but everyone else seemed fine.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
i would prefer a happy joy with team mates

That sort of thing should be done in private, and only with consenting adults.

I do remember thinking that if Ioane injures himself with his celebration, it would be supremely embarrassing to him and irritating to a couple of coaches.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Pretty sure after the match he mentioned it would be a one off only try celebration. He did if for the twitterers and youtubers.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
its just a pet peeve of mine, especially in a team game, regardless of individual try or not, it looked great and got the crowd into it, but like the swan dive, if he injures himself or the other team come back, it becomes more embarrising than it will ever be great.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
its just a pet peeve of mine, especially in a team game, regardless of individual try or not, it looked great and got the crowd into it, but like the swan dive, if he injures himself or the other team come back, it becomes more embarrising than it will ever be great.

What about this time?

[video=youtube;55qplH9Jc5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55qplH9Jc5U[/video]

Carter, Palu, Waugh, Pakalani will be back, maybe Horne as well. Barnes wont be.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I agree to an extent, but swan dives annoy me a lot more because there is the potential to not ground the ball properly, resulting in a no try. Digby's celebration was after the try was given and was just a more interesting version of that annoying "T" symbol every dickhead with a rats tail makes after he scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.