• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Richie Bloody McCaw - Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yes another thread on Richie McCaw, but I'm not going to talk about him as a cheat, or a niggler of Quade Cooper. I just want to say that he is one of my favourite players and captains, and someone I have a huge amount of respect for (in fact he is probably the rugby player I respect the most - and that includes Australians).

Just wanted to get that out of the way before the World Cup starts.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Extremely tough player. Smart player. His record as captain speaks for itself. Great leader. Awesome at the breakdown (from an NZ POV...)

If I could choose any NZ player to change sides. I'd be picking him or Carter. (or maybe Nonu because we lack someone like him)

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Strong, physically. Every now and then you see him standing in the middle of a ruck while men bash into him, falling off like waves on the rocks.

G

GC

Meh....if we're talking foreign players worthy of the upmost respect, I'd have Juan Smith far above McCaw. Just as good a player and doesn't have the cheaty streak. It's a real pity he couldn't make it back in time for the WC.

D

daz

Wayne Barnes for no. 1 referee!

SANZAR could do worse than poach Barnes for our region. For a Pom, he sure knows how to ref our 3N sides.

Let go of the dark side, Wayne. Embrace your inner Southern Hemispherian.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually in all honesty, I think there are a few NH refs I would love to see down here. We don't seem to have a hell of a lot good ones.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
SANZAR could do worse than poach Barnes for our region. For a Pom, he sure knows how to ref our 3N sides.

Let go of the dark side, Wayne. Embrace your inner Southern Hemispherian.

Agreed. We should bestow on him the greatest honour Australia can give to an Englishman. Give him the keys to Bondi.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
As far as I can gather, the keys got stolen by a bunch of Frenchies. Might have to settle for a Sentata subscription for the EPL.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
pil·fer (plfr)
v. pil·fered, pil·fer·ing, pil·fers
v.tr.
To steal (a small amount or item). See Synonyms at steal.
v.intr.

images-1-1.jpg

Come again, was that from the side.

Thats all i know about Richie. And the Green and gold stubbie cooler explains it as well, Ha classic.

I dont think you can have a thread about richie with out bring up cheating.

Having a bit of fun here, so don't take it the wrong way if your a little precious.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I agree with Scotty's original post. More specifically, I think Richie has been the main difference between the AB's and Wobbs in the last few years and I think we would have snaffled the bledisloe in 2008 if his injury had of lasted a few weeks longer.

Whether Richie is or isn't a cheat is irrelevant to any assessment of him as a player and captain.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Seems like a good bloke. I think he does push the rules, but that's just cause he's a competitor and the refs let him (and others) get away with it.

I'm sure if the game was refereed with pin point accuracy, he would still be a great player and Captain.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Just as long as no-one pushes him in the back of the head. That would be outrageous

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Great player but I'd have Pocock every time thanks. Besides there's something special about beating Richie.

Status
Not open for further replies.