• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Root for the Wallabies

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
I used to live in Canada. Their English is funny over there. They say 'What team do you root for?'

I always thought it was funny.

Also when the Canadian Olympic Team came to Sydney in 2000 they were sponsored by a clothing brand called 'Roots'

Damn i had some fun with that.

My name is EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7 and that's my story.

A

Army_Gav

Sean Fitzpatrick's campaign to urge NZ fans to abstain from sex

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/r...-abstain-for-sex/story-e6frf4zl-1226116432027

Former All Blacks captain Sean Fitzpatrick is leading a campaign to encourage New Zealand fans to abstain from sex during the Rugby World Cup.

The campaign has caused a lot of controversy, with the advertisement built largely through New Zealand humour.

The slogan reads "Abstain for the All Blacks" and will be launched in the last week of August. The site itself is being run by the official All Blacks' fan site, BackingBlack which is sponsored by Telecom.

The main message of the campaign is asking fans to avoid sex during the World Cup to support the team.

Each member that signs up will receive a black rubber finger-ring.

There is a fear amongst many New Zealanders that the rugby public will not react well to the message.

The campaign will run in various forms media including television, newspapers and posters, with the message urging fans to "Touch, pause and don't engage".

Telecom director of marketing Kieren Cooney said the new campaign was intended to be tongue-in-cheek and was based on what they thought was New Zealand humour.

EPIC QUOTE!
tom says… Today at 10:06 AM
Yeah, give those kiwis one less thing to choke on

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
This is awesome - I reckon we run a full campaign!

I'm rooting for the Wallabies, are you?

Any kiwi's who don't abstain are rooting for the Wallabies too.

Could make an animated gif out of these two pictures

Attachments

• megan gale.jpg
    megan gale.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 526
  • helen clarke.jpg
    helen clarke.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 360

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Telecom director of marketing Kieren Cooney said the new campaign was intended to be tongue-in-cheek and was based on what they thought was New Zealand humour.
So much gold in this idea, and indeed this quote.
I like how they thought it was NZ humour.

Reactions: BPC

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
All a bit silly isn't it.

Although, I will be taking part I expect (but that is another story all together). Some of you lot should take an 'Abstain for the All Blacks or Root for the Wallabies' sort of banner to a match there, should be well received.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
From a marketing angle i suggest Woopee for the Wallabies...It will have a more international appeal as Root is only a word we use here and a bit in NZ...

Let's get this out there all we need is a spokesperson. Preferably an ex Wallaby maybe Peter Fitzsimons?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
All a bit silly isn't it.

Although, I will be taking part I expect (but that is another story all together). Some of you lot should take an 'Abstain for the All Blacks or Root for the Wallabies' sort of banner to a match there, should be well received.
Surely someone can take that banner to the Bledisloe at Suncorp next weekend...

A

Army_Gav

This is awesome - I reckon we run a full campaign!

I'm rooting for the Wallabies, are you?

Any kiwi's who don't abstain are rooting for the Wallabies too.

Could make an animated gif out of these two pictures
And some. Even Lote is getting involved again.

Attachments

• sally.jpg
    sally.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 318
  • steph.jpg
    steph.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 348
  • nat.jpg
    nat.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 419
  • lote.jpg
    lote.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 641

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Great stuff Gav,
I'm thinking an animated .gif of about 10 slides

1. Abstain fom the All Blacks
2. Helen Clarke
3. Helen Clarke
4. Root for the Wallabies
5. Megan Gale
6. Gav pic 1
7. Shouldn't be that hard
8. Gav pic 2
9. Gav pic 4

O

ooaahh

The double entendre is why this is great. Both Root for your team and Root the opposite of Abstain. I say we breed the bastards out of existence while we are there.

A

Army_Gav

Great stuff Gav,
I'm thinking an animated .gif of about 10 slides

1. Abstain fom the All Blacks
2. Helen Clarke
3. Helen Clarke
4. Root for the Wallabies
5. Megan Gale
6. Gav pic 1
7. Shouldn't be that hard
8. Gav pic 2