• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 11 - Waratahs v Hurricanes - Friday 5:30pm

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
If the Rebels play anything like last weekend there is plenty to come.
I really hope not. Between this, the ongoing reports of financial woes and the large list of players all leaving the shores at the end of the year, it's hard to feel enthused about Rugby in AU atm.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I dunno if you can take anything from this game. This version of the Tahs is probably the worst team in the comp and they are playing away.

IMO its actually a bad thing for the 'Canes in terms of 'bouncing back' from the loss to the Brumbies because they arent being even remotely tested.
Yep mate, but ok when giving a few eanch players a run etc. I would imagine coaches reasonably happy.

Last edited:

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) (Fergus Lee-Warner)'s hands in the lineout have been awful, I think three times he's had a clean catch at it and just fumbled it cold. Those sort of skills have to be better at this level.
How much better does the Tahs attack work with the speed of Grant at the back of the ruck, rather than Gordon tooling around like he does.
Not many postives for the Tahs, Heaven's work rate, Grant's quick delivery. With the lack of depth we have up front, the likes of Holloway, Hanigan and Gamble are really missed.
Gamble was out there in the 2H?

Yoda

Ted Thorn (20)
FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) (Fergus Lee-Warner)'s hands in the lineout have been awful, I think three times he's had a clean catch at it and just fumbled it cold. Those sort of skills have to be better at this level.
How much better does the Tahs attack work with the speed of Grant at the back of the ruck, rather than Gordon tooling around like he does.
Not many postives for the Tahs, Heaven's work rate, Grant's quick delivery. With the lack of depth we have up front, the likes of Holloway, Hanigan and Gamble are really missed.
I too think Grant offers much better service at the scrum base.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
hopefully with the Lions tour next year we see a few come back from os - even if they wont play Wallabies and just want to play for their Supe team in front of a big crowd.
Maybe they offer big coin for those who play in the Supe / Lions game - $25k or equivalent could make it attractive for some ontop of usual salary and game payments.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Something that pleases me as I watching the aftermatch etc? It's seeing the Canes players still out there signing jerseys, flags, balls and taking selfies etc, about 45-60 odd minutes after game.
Almost like they remember who they play for? Lot of kids hanging around to getting the said autographs and selfies etc.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I was out at a course. I suffered through the chiefs game earlier, am I just going to be piling on the hurt?

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I was out at a course. I suffered through the chiefs game earlier, am I just going to be piling on the hurt?
I have the same question. The game was at 3 pm in my time zone so I'm gonna watch the replay later

From 1 to 10, how painful was?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I have the same question. The game was at 3 pm in my time zone so I'm gonna watch the replay later

Why do you even still engage? I dont mean that I dont want you to, because I do. Any retard dumb enough to support the Waratah's must be protected and nurtured.

But... shouldn't you be watching some fabulously talented Argentinian (dunno why I assume you are Argentinian but here i am) kid kick a football or some shit?

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Why do you even still engage? I dont mean that I dont want you to, because I do. Any retard dumb enough to support the Waratah's must be protected and nurtured.

But... shouldn't you be watching some fabulously talented Argentinian (dunno why I assume you are Argentinian but here i am) kid kick a football or some shit?
First of all, I don't like football. I went to a private rugby school so rugby is my passion.

I follow the Wallabies and Waratahs since a long time ago. In the 90s when it was hard to find a streaming. In those days were almost impossible to watch the games on live. Most of the time I watched replays or just highligths. Nowadays is easier to watch the games.

Also I lived in Australia sometime some years ago. I like Super Rugby and the NRL and I try to watch all the games I can. I have family in Australia and that's all, mate. Tahs is my team, I lived in NSW the time I lived in Australia. I know almost all the suburbs so my team have to be the Waratahs. I watched all the games in the 2014 season and before too.

I'm not the kind of supporter who only follows a winning team. I'm loyal to my team and I like the Tahs despite some dreadful seasons we have had

I never been in Canberra and I didn't live in QLD so Waratahs is the only professional rugby team I can support in Australia. Is that wrong?

Obviously I follow my local rugby club and all the domestic competition.

Last edited:

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)

It’s a pretty hard watch. The first 30 mins a 1 out of 10, if that. The rest would be between 4 and 6 depending on if you’re an optimist or a pessimist. We got schooled

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Decisions, meet consequences.

The guys tried hard, but this is what you get when everything below pro level is broken by self-interest and a lack of strategic planning.

Physically bashed from minute 1 - just like the Junior Wobblies - because we have pathways narrower than a paper straw.