• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 13: Force v Waratahs Saturday 5:35pm Perth time

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
20240518_214058-jpg.18944
Looks to be a bit of a niggly head injury there.

Maybe rub some liniment on it, should be right for next week.

Yoda

Charlie Fox (21)
Well if the Force can’t beat this Tahs team with legitimate Clubbies throughout they need to be looked at as harshly as the Tahs.
Don’t worry… they will be the ‘TAHREBS’ next year… have to keep the Waratahs strong …. for some strange reason…wouldn’t all franchises get some Rebels? AND… Joseph Sua'ali'i to the rescue!!

Thalium

Fred Wood (13)
Didn’t and won’t watch the game, how was wallaby watch?

Rodda, Beale, Donaldson, Mark, White?
Rodda is getting closer to beast mode
Beale looks very slick and his experience is helping to keep the team calm
Donaldson looked good perfect from the tee again
Mark got his first try of 2024
White looks in good form and adapting well

Williams making his case for call up
Horton had a great game
Stewart had a huge game as well showing off his kicking game as well
Kuenzle another awesome game at 13

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Don’t worry… they will be the ‘TAHREBS’ next year… have to keep the Waratahs strong …. for some strange reason…wouldn’t all franchises get some Rebels? AND… Joseph Sua'ali'i to the rescue!!
It’ll be more of the same. Same sides missing finals. One Aus side up top, another landing in the finals but falling out.

Force need a strong NSW Rugby system to provide players.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I almost feel sorry for the tahs front row. When the force a clearly dominant at scrum you know your scrum is terrible.
Force are either great or terrible. Their defence recently has been as good as it gets. Donaldson Is so fast, kicked well, one mistake with the penalty to touch not going out.
Poolman did well which was great to see. Only the one error with the kick out on the full.
Rodda has to play test rugby. He is one of the biggest and strongest blokes we have in Aus rugby. Manhandles everyone.

I would just like too see a more killer instinct at times. Our attack slows down and looks to methodical which good defences will eat up.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Thought the game degenerated in the second half, I thought it was pretty good in the first. Some slick tries, particularly from our boys. That second try in particular from us was fantastic, great hands out wide and support play.

That said, the Tahs look shot. The kinds of errors they were making were of guys whose minds are not fully on the job and they probably should have lost by more.

DCT was asking about Wallaby watch, well from my vantage point I thought Rodda was again excellent, as was White, Donaldson, dare I say KB (Kurtley Beale) and Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) a number of times at the back (he was very hard to contain on a number of occasions).

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Clearly West Coast fans weren’t watching when he was playing for the Reds, every Reds fan was upset when he left.

Yes, but they weren't exactly crywanking about it. Of course they'd like to keep him. Every province would like to stockpile every player they can - particularly if they're local product

It's the inference that no player ever existed before landing in The Twiggybuck$ Gated Community that shits me.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Well in talking to someone at the Force today over brekky there is a pretty strongly held view among Super rugby people (this side of the country at least) that the SS is a significant step down from the required level to prep players for test footy.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Thought the game degenerated in the second half, I thought it was pretty good in the first. Some slick tries, particularly from our boys. That second try in particular from us was fantastic, great hands out wide and support play.

That said, the Tahs look shot. The kinds of errors they were making were of guys whose minds are not fully on the job and they probably should have lost by more.

DCT was asking about Wallaby watch, well from my vantage point I thought Rodda was again excellent, as was White, Donaldson, dare I say KB (Kurtley Beale) (Kurtley Beale) and Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) a number of times at the back (he was very hard to contain on a number of occasions).
Donaldson and Rodda were excellent, and KB (Kurtley Beale) had a very strong first half.

White was just ok; decision-making fine, but box kicking average and his athleticism starting to wane. Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) is an interesting one. He makes terrible decisions and definitely isn’t a fullback but is so strong in contact these days. Could do a little more speed work and less gym work though.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Well in talking to someone at the Force today over brekky there is a pretty strongly held view among Super rugby people (this side of the country at least) that the SS is a significant step down from the required level to prep players for test footy.
A truly groundbreaking revelation. This could change the face of the game is Aus for years to come.

Oldgoldminer

Herbert Moran (7)
The Waratahs simply have no choice but to go all in on an experienced and world class coach. They have some great young talent and with the demise of the Rebels and some luck with injuries, they can put a top 4 side together for 25.
The missing link for 20’years has been that coach.