• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2: Lions v Waratahs, Sun 5th Mar 00:05 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Give Hegarty time. He played bloody well in the trials, he just has to find feet in the five-eight's jumper. If I'm allowed to mix metaphors.

Can't be helped but psychologically thinking you weren't in the team till Wednesday and now being in will not help his preparation. That said, I hope he comes out and plays a blinder.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Can't be helped but psychologically thinking you weren't in the team till Wednesday and now being in will not help his preparation. That said, I hope he comes out and plays a blinder.

He would have done every training session

N

NTT

Following on from my "i support 2 teams, the Force and whoever is playing against the Tahs", i think the Lions will scrape home by 5pts. The free flowing Lions of last year were not quite there against the Cheetahs and im expecting them to improve just enough to edge the Tahs.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That'll be disruptive. But capable bench replacements in McDuling and Jake Gordon.

Look forward to hearing of Gordon's work as I think he might just rip a few new ones.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yeah - Jake Gordon's a similar type of player to Phipps but with more potential imo. Lucas is the more rounded No 9. Has all the skills and a heart as big as himself.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
McDuling was already on the bench. Assume Jones comes in now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Skelton is a huge loss particularly against big Saffas. He played well last week.

Chuck in Phipps being out and I think the Lions will maul the Tahs by plenty (20)

My tip means fuckall as I tipped the Reds to win comfortably agin the Force

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Skelton is a huge loss particularly against big Saffas. He played well last week.

Chuck in Phipps being out and I think the Lions will maul the Tahs by plenty (20)

My tip means fuckall as I tipped the Reds to win comfortably agin the Force
You are probably on point. Throw in altitude and a relatively rookie halves pairing. Could be a long night.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
You are probably on point. Throw in altitude and a relatively rookie halves pairing. Could be a long night.

With that being the 5th match today, with two more thereafter, it will be a long night.

I am far more worried about our tight five with Skelton out - he was most of our go-forward last week and I think the rest of the tight mob were pretty ineffective. Bet Lousi is wishing he hadn't jumped ship; he would have slotted in perfectly and Toleafoa looks a bit light on to me as a starter. Hope he blows me away tonight.

Lucas is probably our best passing 9 and Hegarty will be better for the run. I'm not overly concerned there, I think we'll get beaten up in the pigs and that's what has me concerned.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Careless tackle by Robinson, but for the ref to call it a spear tackle and insist it went beyond 90 degrees (he clearly failed geometry at school) is a joke.

M

Moono75

Good to see 5 to 10 south africans turn out to watch this game.

Watching Jaws on TV at the same time and keep hearing Quint "All ahead full Hooper.....Hooper".....

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
How arbitrary and ridiculoud are mauls. No wonder no one watches our game

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
The rolling maul from the lineout is a blight on the game. World rugby claims collapsing a maul is a safety issue. I can not recall a single injury from a collapsed maul. Even one of the commentators agreed.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
The comms had a hard on for a red card too. Not sure it met that threshold.

par for the course though for games in saffa land.

the only forward who appears to have turned up today is latu, how great has he been for 2 weeks pilfering

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's easy to blame your troubles on one aspect of the game when it's going against you........

The maul is not the problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.