• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2: Lions v Waratahs, Sun 5th Mar 00:05 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Even if the Waratahs had scored twice or more from a rolling lineout maul my opinion wouldn't change.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
In a game predicated on a contest for the ball, the maul seems an anachronism, I guess, but it is a well-established part of the game, so teams best get used to it!! No point bitching about it. I suspect the Tahs lineout set-up on defence has about zero clue on how to combat it without Skelton. That's a coaching shortcoming. It's not like it's a surprise that the Lions are playing it.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What's the penalty count? About 15-3 at HT? This bloke's committing the unpardonable sin of reffing one side only.

SDR

Stan Wickham (3)
In a game predicated on a contest for the ball, the maul seems an anachronism, I guess, but it is a well-established part of the game, so teams best get used to it!! No point bitching about it. I suspect the Tahs lineout set-up on defence has about zero clue on how to combat it without Skelton. That's a coaching shortcoming. It's not like it's a surprise that the Lions are playing it.
Hopefully they come up with a plan at halftime. Sacking it hasn't worked and the lions are just gonna keep going back to it. I'd like them contest the throw once or twice, no one expects that close to the line anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
How was that not a penalty try? Robinson would have scored that for sure if he wasn't taken out early.

These Saffa refs are a bloody disgrace. The sooner we get these pricks out of our competition the better.

TenVsRhys

Frank Row (1)
I'm all for head safety but that earlier (and way too upright) carry from Izzy was just chin music left right and centre.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Simone has been almost completely anonymous at 12 for the last two games. Somewhat surprising after such good NRC and pre-season form.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Man Fuck you fluffybunnys for making me love a sport that is clearly dying in my country. Fuck you sad bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.