• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3 2017 Rebels v Bye (Bye Tony) at Gosch's Paddock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
So the betting agencies currently have the following odds up for Round 3:
Rebels $2.25
Bye $1.80
Draw $1.50

That is how bad the Rebels are going at the moment. It reminds of Port Adelaide in the AFL in 2011 and this YouTube video.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I would love them to play a interclub on Goosh's paddock. Don't think they really deserve a week off, they have only played 40 minutes of rugby this year.

Let the angry fans come down and yell abuse to when they make mistakes.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
20s on Sunday - and it's free.

If they get up against the Force (and they really should) it sets up a very interesting Round 5 clash against NSW.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Bye have just named their team:

1. No-one
2. No-one
3. No-one
4. No-one
5. No-one
6. No-one
7. No-one
8. No-one
9. No-one
10. No-one
11. No-one
12. No-one
13. No-one
14. No-one
15. No-one

16. No-one
17. No-one
18. No-one
19. No-one
20. No-one
21. No-one
22. No-one
23. No-one

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sidebar - I hope Sione Tuipulotu plays U20s this week. In an already physically dominant team, he could cause some carnage.

Move him to 13, Hunter to 14, and the 14 to bench. Would be deadly.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
If Maddocks is fit and ready to play too Amirite, that's an absolutely delicious backline.

As an aside, is big Rob far away from returning? I was running the Barbie for the old farts down at Box Hill on Saturday, and I don't know if it was the U20s or not, but there were a large number of young lads in full Rebels training gear on after the masters, and a bloke about Robs height and Complexion was running around quite freely, despite a strapped shoulder and knee, I'd love for him to get a couple of U20s games under his belt then break into the Squad so Mafi can give him the benefit of his experience.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
If Maddocks is fit and ready to play too Amirite, that's an absolutely delicious backline.

As an aside, is big Rob far away from returning? I was running the Barbie for the old farts down at Box Hill on Friday, and I don't know if it was the U20s or not, but there were a large number of young lads in full Rebels training gear on after the masters, and a bloke about Robs height and Complexion was running around quite freely, despite a strapped shoulder and knee, I'd love for him to get a couple of U20s games under his belt then break into the Squad so Mafi can give him the benefit of his experience.

Yeah, that'd be the U20s. Though there's 2 separate boys that could've been without being Rob.

You're right, a google tells me Maddocks hasn't aged out. Interesting.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
The Bye have just named their team:

1. No-one
2. No-one
3. No-one
4. No-one
5. No-one
6. No-one
7. No-one
8. No-one
9. No-one
10. No-one
11. No-one
12. No-one
13. No-one
14. No-one
15. No-one

16. No-one
17. No-one
18. No-one
19. No-one
20. No-one
21. No-one
22. No-one
23. No-one
Captain?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

This guy.
med_1411642970_1402793123_image.jpg

N

NTT

Ah yes, the age old formula of making one's self feel superior at someone elses expense. Does absolutely fuck all to help the situation and if the players read this, then can you be surprised if they don't want to represent their "fans" to the best of their ability? Then again you are probably the same fans who turn up to a match to boo them.
Instead of playing fuckabouts on the internet, the Rebels players need their fans to dig in, get behind them and help them turn it around by being loud and proud to support them.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Giving someone a ribbon for coming eighth or twelfth or sixteenth does not show support - the players are disappointed with their own efforts for sure. The same old formula that has to change is the coach and his obvious lack of talent and strategy and then the fans will have something to support

M

Moono75

20s on Sunday - and it's free.

If they get up against the Force (and they really should) it sets up a very interesting Round 5 clash against NSW.
Current form is always a good indicator of future performance. The Rebels have none.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Current form is always a good indicator of future performance. The Rebels have none.

I honestly don't know if this is banter. The Rebels' form has been fairly good, and the Force's has been not so. There's the same amount of games on the table.

Some big comebacks though, so it's not like they've got nothing going on. If Vui is injured I think they're in for a tough day.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Is Maddocks shoulder ok? His right arm was hanging like a big salami by the end of the Blues game.

I don't think the Rebels still run their cute weekly injuries article sponsored by that physio company - so I am not sure.

Either way, IF the Rebels get into the Super 20s final (big if) and they run Maddocks, Leota, and Tuipolutu, they might actually win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.