• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Rebels v Tahs - Friday 19/3, AAMI Park, 7:45pm AEDT

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Who is available for the Tahs this week?
When are Wykes, Foketi and Donaldson Back?
Is Bell fit again?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Perese should be back too right?

EDIT: I just realised it's been 3 weeks but only 2 games. The Parkes 7s were on while he was off, surely a missed opportunity to claim a week there!

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Suggested Tahs side:
Bell, Porecki, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Caird, Wykes, Swinton, Tizzano, Dempsey, Grant, Harrison, Ramm, Moeroa, Newsome, Maddocks, Mark N (Nawaqanitawase); Res: Horton, Tatola, Faulkner, Sinclair, Harris, Robertson, Edmed, Foketi

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
MELBOURNE REBELS (1-15):

Cabous Eloff, James Hanson, Pone Faamausili, Steve Cummins, Trevor Hosea, Joshua Kemeny, Richard Hardwick, Michael Wells, Joe Powell, Matt To’omua (c), Marika Koroibete, Reece Hodge, Stacey Ili, Lachie Anderson, Tom Pincus
Reserves:

Jordan Uelese, Matt Gibbon, Lucio Sordoni, Tom Nowlan, Rob Leota, James Tuttle, Glen Vaihu, Frank Lomani
INs:

OUTs:

NSW WARATAHS (1-15):

Harry Johnson-Holmes, David Porecki, Tetera Faulkner, Hugh Sinclair, Sam Caird, Lachie Swinton, Carlo Tizzano, Jack Dempsey, Jack Grant, Will Harrison, James Ramm, Tepai Moeroa, Alex Newsome (c), Jack Maddocks, Mark Nawaqanitawase
Reserves:

Tom Horton, George Francis, Darcy Breen, Sam Wykes, Jeremy Williams, Henry Robertson, Tane Edmed, Lalakai Foketi

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Can never ever write the off opposition when you’re the Rebels (think sunwolves), but that Tahs 2nd row is in for a tough night and Koroibete will be causing the back 3 plenty of headaches.

Reactions: dru

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Can anyone tell us anything about Darcy Breen? Is he ready for it? HAs he been playing Shute?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Can anyone tell us anything about Darcy Breen? Is he ready for it? HAs he been playing Shute?

He started a number of games at THP for Sydney Uni last year. He was around the under 20s squad a couple of years ago. No idea how he'll fare here.

What do you think about George Francis? He's come down from Queensland hasn't he?

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Information I read is Francis is a 22 year old loose head, 180cm and 118kg, with a background in league, plays for Eastwood and played Aus U20's in 2018 & 2019
Darcy Breen is a 21 year old tight head, 187cm and 112kg, played Aus schoolboys in 2017, plays for SU and Aus U20's in 2019
Very young pair of props!!!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I had to look up him and George Francis when announced as reserves - George Francis ex league player who played league Australian schoolboys so interesting to see if league pedigree brings anything to his game

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wasn't Francis MoTM or something in the QPR final last year? I remember being quite impressed with him.

Edit: or was that Van Nek. There were two props who were quite talented.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wasn't Francis MoTM or something in the QPR final last year? I remember being quite impressed with him.

Edit: or was that Van Nek. There were two props who were quite talented.

I just looked it up and Francis did play LHP for Easts in the Queensland Premier Rugby grand final. Van Nek was player of the grand final.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pretty pleased with the Rebels team. Don't think I'd change anything, maybe time to blood Gordon at home and against the 'Tahs though. Bench looking strong for the first time in a while. Happy with Hanson's performance to keep Uelese on the bench. Great that the backline is unchanged, hopefully we can see some more attacking creativity now.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I had to look up him and George Francis when announced as reserves - George Francis ex league player who played league Australian schoolboys so interesting to see if league pedigree brings anything to his game

I think the league bit is a furphy.

He was in our under 20 World Cup squad in 2018 so it's not like he's just started playing rugby.