• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round Six: Waratahs v Rebels Friday March 29, 7:35 pm SFS

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
nsfwbandwagon.png
there was no bandwagon this year lol

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It’s been built badly. It’s been built like a club side where you get away with fringe selections and shoving talent on the field. At this level it ends in errors.

This is basically the entire limit of my expectation when it comes to our Super Rugby franchises.

People saying we don't have have enough talent for five times are correct, in a sense.

The talent doesn't make it through because everything underneath it is wasteful and inefficient.

If juniors, schools, and seniors were actually reading from the same song sheet, we would have five very competitive franchises and a top three test side.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Kev suggesting Proctor likely returning for next match. Great news, particularly given Strachany's injury looks serious and Kells MIA.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I watched to halftime , and was getting a bit late here in NZ and went to bed. Came in here and just see the Tahs lost? I couldn't see the Rebels beating many teams after seeing them last week, but what do I know, I got both games wrong in my picks!
Did game reach any heights in second half, kind of meandered a bit.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The Waratahs are the best financed team in Australian rugby and are the biggest underachievers

I would be getting rid of the tahs before I show the rebels the door.

imagine how great this comp could be if we could put a JS signing over at the force or max jorgensen at the reds.

Its a lost cause in NSW.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Kevin said Kellaway hopefully be back not this coming week v Drua but the week after.
What’s his injury?

Waratahs had lots of outs but we were missing Kemeny, Wilkin, Proctor and Kellaway. That’s a lot of talent.

Feels great to win ugly away from home, don’t think there’s going to be many more wins this season. Drua, Highlanders, Crusaders, Blues, Reds. Need to get 2 of those somehow and see where we sit.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
What’s his injury?

Waratahs had lots of outs but we were missing Kemeny, Wilkin, Proctor and Kellaway. That’s a lot of talent.

Feels great to win ugly away from home, don’t think there’s going to be many more wins this season. Drua, Highlanders, Crusaders, Blues, Reds. Need to get 2 of those somehow and see where we sit.
Proctor likely back next week what about Kemeny?

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
What’s his injury?

Not sure. Kevin didn't say and I haven't seen any reports about what he did.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Fill a sky blue jersey with dog shit and you couldn’t tell the difference.
Some player put their soul into this team and others just seem to be unable to do the basics.
yet again NSW rugby shows that we are a 4th rate team in a 5th rate code
5th rate team? Force looked good last week

Wilson

David Codey (61)
A win against the Drua next week should be very achievable given the Rebels are at home. That momentum might get them over the line against the Highlanders at home, though the Highlanders look to have the sort of half and backrow that has minced the Rebels at and around the ruck this year so it might be tough. Gets harder from there on out with the only games against the bottom half of the table being away to the Crusaders and Drua. That final round away game against the Drua is the last one you want too, with the Drua likely to be in a similar position fighting for a spot in the 8.

Still, 4 wins has been enough in the past and 5 should be so it's still achievable. Most important thing will probably be sticking close in a few of those loses and picking up the bonus points they need to stay in touch. Rebels already have the worst for and against in the comp so they'll probably need to secure their place on ladder points outright.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The Waratahs are the best financed team in Australian rugby and are the biggest underachievers

I would be getting rid of the tahs before I show the rebels the door.

imagine how great this comp could be if we could put a JS signing over at the force or max jorgensen at the.

Its a lost cause in NSW.
Because they don’t want to. Wasn’t Crichton intrested in Rugby but when told RA to chip in wants him in WA he said nah I’m good.

Jorgo at the Reds! What about the pride of QLD Jock Campbell X! QLD have to be behind their own at all times.

Rather see him become a guaranteed star at the Brums.

Tahs need a good GM most of all. NSW has the strongest underage sides for the last 5 years and what looks like the next few at least. Keep locking up and developing the kids.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Having just watched the game all I can say is wow, not a good wow. Rebels were rubbish except in scrum. Glad that was against the waratahs. We would have been flogged by almost any other team.

Where has basic skills gone, you know, like passing to a player instead of air or catching the ball