• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby 7s general chat

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ both tables differ from what was there last night which is why I posted the links. I'll check back in the morning & see if they've changed again. In the cock-up v conspiracy contest I generally side with cock-up, except where Ringinland are concerned ;)

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Cheers, Waiopehu Oldboy.

So it's allowing teams to drop their two lowest tournament results.

Have World Rugby worded it a bit dumb, though, by saying "best seven" and "best four"? What happens if Spain gets the winter plague? ... suddenly it is "best five" and "best two".

Hong Kong only canned their event for this series two weeks ago. Who is to say Singapore, et al, won't do the same before April and the rules have to be rephrased again?
Well if the Baa Baas match can be cancelled with only 90 minutes notice, Sevens officials won't have any trouble cancelling a tournament with just a few weeks notice.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Make it 3 from 3 for both. The men finished off with a good win over the USA while the Fijians have been knocked out (lost to Spain and South Africa).

Our defence, for both teams, has been a real standout, and along with that our precision and discipline at the ruck.

Massive day for the men. Now getting Ireland in the 1/4 massive chance to medal this weekend.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Make it 3 from 3 for both. The men finished off with a good win over the USA while the Fijians have been knocked out (lost to Spain and South Africa).

Our defence, for both teams, has been a real standout, and along with that our precision and discipline at the ruck.

That Corey Toole kid is electric. Where's he from?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That Corey Toole kid is electric. Where's he from?

This from the announcement of the travelling squad:

“Brumbies Academy players Jed Stuart and Corey Toole highlight the new collaboration between the Men's program and Super Rugby sides, with the 20 and 21-year-old (respectively) set to make their debuts in the tournament.”

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Highlights at

Kid loves scoring tries. I did raise him as a prospect on the Brumbies thread when it was announced that half the backline had defected to the Force for next year. Great to see him having a ball in Dubai.
I lost count of the number of times Corey ran at the defender with the ball in both hands, putting the defender in several minds.
Well done to the coach who instilled that.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Highlights at

Kid loves scoring tries. I did raise him as a prospect on the Brumbies thread when it was announced that half the backline had defected to the Force for next year. Great to see him having a ball in Dubai.
Good highlight reel Reflects what putting out in the field in Dubai. Looks great for our 7s team.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nice men reach the semi's against argentina - best chance for a medal. I think i heard on here longbottom out with injury which makes the performance even more impressive as with Longbottom in the side as well they are looking pretty formibable with the mix of experienced and newer young guns like Roach and Toole.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A reminder it’s all on free to air on multiple channels including YouTube.
Women play Russia at 7:13 briso time.
Men play Argies at 8:24 briso time.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Nice men reach the semi's against argentina - best chance for a medal. I think i heard on here longbottom out with injury which makes the performance even more impressive as with Longbottom in the side as well they are looking pretty formibable with the mix of experienced and newer young guns like Roach and Toole.

Hasn't played since the pool stage of last week.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Highlights at

It is one thing to skin a few blokes playing club rugby.

It is another entirely to make international sevens players look like utter chumps.

He does both with seeming ease. That breakout try from Ireland could not have come at a better time. Conroy didn't even try.