• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship Referees

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
The IRB has today released the referees for this years rugby championship:

http://www.irb.com/mm/document/news...toctherugbychampionship2013moappointments.pdf head here for the full list

Australia games:

August 17 Sydney v New Zealand: Craig Joubert.... yeah thanks
August 24 Wellington v New Zealand: Peyper - much better

September 7 Brisbane V South Africa: Rolland... god sake
September 14 Perth V Argentina: Clancy... the Rolland Clancy committee has struck again

September 28 Cape Town V South Africa: Jerome Garces... undecided here
October 5 v Argentina Barnes. Happy with Barnes.

Meanwhile Chris Pollock and Walsh get one game in the tournament after the NH moans and groans. Can we please have Pollock for our games v SA. I think he is a very good ref. What is everyone's thoughts

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Walsh gets one game? Seriously? And Pollock reffed a great open game, why the hell is he not back? Instead we have Craigy "sleeps with his Whistle" Joubert.

I personally think Walsh is one of the best referees of the modern day because he interprets the rules practically rather than literally. This makes for some questionable decisions every now and then but it also lets the game flow and be played as it should.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Last year he did both SA v Argentina games. That is about as good as it could get for him in the RC I'm afraid.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Craig Joubert is a great Ref. Peyper is also pretty good I reckon. Walsh is also pretty decent (but sometimes gets a bee in his bonnet about some team).

I can't say I have been overly pissed off with the northern hemisphere refs listed above though, so I reckon we have done pretty well in terms of refs we have got.

That NZ guy that seems to be being groomed for internationals (the ex Waikato or whatever player) I hope is kept out of this series. He needs a LOT more experience before he should ever get an international of any note

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I think that teams need to adjust to the referee and act accordingly to what the referees interpretations are. Ultimately the calls are going to be very similar from referee to referee at that level. They are all getting the same style of coaching and are all refereeing in a similar environment at the test level.

I think gel is on the money, Craig Jackson needs heaps more time, his rise up the ranks has come too soon.

Pollock, Joubert, Peyper are the pick of the SH referees. I haven't seen enough of the NH referees to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.