• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
End of the competition thought we'd have a look at who has been the best.

1- Tendai Mtawarira (SA)
2- Adrian Strauss (SA)
3- Jannie du Plessis (SA)
4- Nathan Sharpe (AUS)
5- Patricio Albacete (ARG)
6- Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe (ARG)
7- Richie McCaw (NZ)
8- Keiran Read (NZ)
9- Aaron Smith (NZ)
10- Daniel Carter (NZ)
11- Bryan Habana (SA)
12- Ma'a Nonu (NZ)
13- Marcelo Bosch (ARG)
14- Corey Jane (NZ)
15- Israel Dagg (NZ)

HM: Michael Hooper (AUS), Frans Steyn (SA), Conrad Smith (NZ), Rodrigo Roncero (ARG).

Note: Both Read and Fernandez Lobbe have been too good to not have them both. Alot of people will think Conrad Smith should be there, but I seriously think Bosch has been the best 13 all comp.

J

Jiggles

1- Tendai Mtawarira (SA)
2- Adrian Strauss (SA)
3- Jannie du Plessis (SA

No way. The Bok front row has been poo at the scrum.

Reactions: BDA
J

Jiggles

Shit, I'd play Timani ahead of Sharpe.
Sharpe really wasn't that good, he was the captain of a bumbling lineout and his general play wasn't as good as Timani, Bekker or Whitelock.. Australia doesn't deserve any forward in the XV.

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I think the only forward who might challenge for a spot is Alexander. Scrumming well and nice work rate. McCaw has had an amazing year so Hooper despite being great, is in distant second.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Rodrigo Roncero
2. Andrew Hore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Nathan Sharpe
5. Sam Whitelock
6. Francois Louw
7. Michael Hooper
8. Keiran Read
9. Aaron Smith
10. Dan Carter
11. Bryan Habana
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Marcelo Bosch
14. Cory Jane
15. Israel Dagg

I know Louw plays openside but his last 3 games have been excellent.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As much as I don't like admitting it, the team of the championship would almost be wall to wall Darkness with a few invited friends. Aussies and Argies would be lucky to land a few bench slots. Not sure many Saffers have enough to warrant to many run on slots either.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I don't really rate NZ's tight-five to be far superior than the Saffas and Argies. That's not saying they are worse, they are on about the same level or slightly above. Woodcook and Franks are the only ones I'd consider, their locks haven't impressed me and Strauss has been playing better then Hore.

J

Jiggles

Qwerty51's front row is more on the money, though. I'd personally go Franks over Alexander, even though Alexander is much improved this year.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Largely the same as those above, but with Savea replacing Jane. Fewer tries, but better play.

1. Roncero
2. Hore (best of an underwhelming bunch)
3. Alexander
4. Sharpe
5. Whitelock
6. Fernandez Lobbe
7. Mccaw
8. Read
9. Smith
10. Carter
11. Habana
12. Nonu
13. Bosch
14. Savea
15. Dagg

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
And the bench:

16. Strauss
17. O Franks
18. Douglas
19. Hooper
20. Pienaar
21. Beale (last couple of games were impressive, I thought)
22. Jane

J

Jiggles

Interesting call on Jane. I think he is the best winger in the world right now. Is Savea really the complete package like Jane?

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Short answer: no. And if I had to pick one for a Bledisloe tomorrow, I'd pick Jane because he's so reliable - but whenever I watched them in tandem in the RC I thought Savea was a bit more threatening. I hope he can keep adding work-rate to his game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is this stubborn refusal to admit that mccaw has had an absolute blinder, or do you really think that?

huh? Not at all, McCaw has been great, a mini revival of sorts but Hooper has been outstanding. Since his run-on debut against the ABs in Eden Park he has been the best Wallabies players in every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.