• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby HQ 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I hope they drop some of the poor humour which crept in through 2014..... Leave the 'cream pie in the face' crap to the league footy show....
About time they introduced a female host as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

I said female host.... Not PR agent ;)
But in all seriousness she write polarising articles and has a parochial opinion... She will always have people dislike her,

I'd prefer someone like one of the Aussie 7's girls brought in when available.. Someone who can talk about her own experiences on the 7's circuit ect.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Everyone on Rugby HQ is parochial. That's half the point.

It just happens that the only reasonably high profile female rugby journalist in the country is a Queenslander living in NSW and writing for a Sydney paper.

Through most of her appearances on Rugby HQ last year, viewers were singing her praises and saying how good it was to actually have someone with journalism training on the show.

T

TOCC

Journalists can be brought on in guests roles, like Danny Wilder on the Footy Show... But the show needs a female host, one who doesn't/hasn't polarised half the viewers...

Like I said, I'd like to see someone with real experience in professional rugby like one of the Aussie 7's girls brought on, I think it'd be interesting and worthwhile in the lead up to the Olympics

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How about an occasional guest appearance from TPN's sister, Moala?

She coaches grass roots Women's Rugby. She is from Western Sydney, an area that all winter codes are battling over. She is a Gold Brigadier. She loves rugby. She presented well in the Call of the Wallaby series last year.

T

TOCC

How about an occasional guest appearance from TPN's sister, Moala?

She coaches grass roots Women's Rugby. She is from Western Sydney, an area that all winter codes are battling over. She is a Gold Brigadier. She loves rugby. She presented well in the Call of the Wallaby series last year.

I didn't watch that but she seems perfect, they obviously need the right personality for TV but someone with a real love for the game who can argue their point is what's needed on that show.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Moala would be great! She would get better and better too, as she got more comfortable with the camera.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Everyone on Rugby HQ is parochial. That's half the point.

It just happens that the only reasonably high profile female rugby journalist in the country is a Queenslander living in NSW and writing for a Sydney paper.

Through most of her appearances on Rugby HQ last year, viewers were singing her praises and saying how good it was to actually have someone with journalism training on the show.

Everyone except Kafe.;)

No problems if they keep her on as a journalist, but the suggestion to have a female player is quite a good one too.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Who gives a flying f?$k wether there is a female on the panel or not just need the best and most knowledgable people available

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm with southsider here, it's 2015, we don't need token female hosts. If they are there for their rugby knowledge and commentary first and foremost fine but I don't see the need to just to get someone for the sake of being female.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
You assume I meant a female without qualification @southsider. I didn't, sorry for not being explicit.
I would love to see a knowledgable, intelligent, eloquent rugby minded female.
Whether they be a punter, journo, player or closely affiliated to the game.
I enjoyed Georgina's appearances on the show & like her writing style (shock, horror!)

As a female myself, a female panel member would be great. After all it's about growing the game.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
No I did not assume that at all.....I knew exactly what you meant

You stated you wanted a female (of course she would be qualified in some way shape or form, they aren't going to pick some nobody walking past the TV station 5 mins before they record) I stated I wanted the best possible people for the job wether they be male, female or a green little alien from mars

It's 2015 get past PC gender equality, I quite enjoy playing social netball, however if there were a netball panel show on fox I would not be advocating a male on the panel just cause he has a penis....

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Guys , I've taped it ... don't tell me the ending ! Oh sorry , that was "50 Shades of Grey" ...don't think Marto & Kearnsy are in that one .

Status
Not open for further replies.