• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Summer Sevens Programme 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
So far there has been tournaments at the Gold Coast, Bowral and Byron Bay.
Has anyone caught up with the winners, the player movements, the players who have shone, or any other scuttlebutt.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The Aussie team beat Icons at the Noosa 7's a few weeks ago.

Yesterday Sunnybank defeated Icons to take out the Byron Bay 7's.

I think most teams will be heading to the Central Coast 7's.

Sunnybank have a team flying over to Singapore for the Singapore 7's as well as sending a team to the Central Coast 7's that they won last year.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
I heard 2 of the players from Iconz 7s team have been invited to train with the Australian team. Interesting as the 2 players are from the QLD cup rugby league

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
I heard 2 of the players from Iconz 7s team have been invited to train with the Australian team. Interesting as the 2 players are from the QLD cup rugby league
does anyone know the current australian sevens training squad members?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sunnybank have a team flying out to Borneo and Singapore tomorrow. It's a really young team as a few guys can't travel as they are in the Reds wider training squad.
Does anyone have any more info on the Iconz team? It seems to be made up of a mixture of club players and league players.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Iconz are heading to Central Coast 7's this weekend. They seem to have done a good job as a 7's outfit. I think it's the first year they have been around.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Iconz have been around about 3 years now. It's being established potential as a stepping stone to Australia 7s. Had a very handy team in Noosa and Byron 7s

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Thanks, very helpful. I did hear that there was an extended training squad as well.
Have heard that Randwick are off to Singapore with a young development squad.
Looking at the Singapore 7s website, there is a good spread of international talent which includes teams from NZ, Fiji & South Africa.
Didnt see the Iconz team entered.

I believe you're correct.
They've used the same squad at Bowral (won), Byron Bay (won plate), Central Coast (today and tomorrow) and then Singapore (2-4 November).

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Heard a whisper that the Fijian team, Westfield Barbarians won the main comp yesterday at the Central Coast.
Yet to find out the other results..

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Played at Byron but didn't progress into the cup playoffs. Not sure where they finished. Who's coaching them and who's in the squad ECA?

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Played at Byron but didn't progress into the cup playoffs. Not sure where they finished. Who's coaching them and who's in the squad ECA?

They also layed at Noosa where I think they were bundled out in the plate section. They looked like they had a couple of handy players who showed some great pace when the opportunity arose but were a bit hampered by their size - not many of the forward ilk available. They could have used Butler (who was offered a 7s contract a couple of years back, Mansell, Wilder and Kieran ??? - not sure of surname but can run) they would be a handy side if they had all available

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Below is
the Randwick Rugby Singapore Sevens Squad
Pete Samu
Nathan Roye
William Munro
Ethan Ford
Steve Bennie
Toesse Vou Siutu
Junior Taavili
Mark Kotescky
Tom Connor
Jack Tovey
Mark Bannon
James White

S

Solemum

My son Michael Sole is in the Sunnybank 7's team in Singapore. I don't know if he has shone much, but I do know that he is having a fantastic time, says that he has learnt so much and loving every minute of the play and the experience.

neverhasbeen

Stan Wickham (3)
The McGuigan Dragons(Sunnybank), Randwick, Casurina Courgars, Palmyra, East Arnhem Rugby and Cotesloe are playing in Singapore against numerous national squads and invitational teams. The finals are on today. It will be interesting to see how the teams go.

Status
Not open for further replies.