• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

rumbles of the sale of TG Milner

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
i've heard from what i would consider quite a reliable source that TG milner has possibly been or is going to be sold from under them. not sure if he's around these forums however, so thought i'd see what anyone knows, would be a tragedy if it happens, proving eastwoods cultural shift has finally killed off its rugby roots.

R

rugbywhisperer

I am making sme enquiries but it must be remembered tat Millner is not owned by the Woods, it iss owned by VRG Ltd which has as part of its constitution to keep the grounds open for sport and can't be developed.

R

rugbywhisperer

Ok, further to my last,
1: VRG as owners of the grounds just can't sell to anyone - it must be done for sporting purposes so the first likely candidate is the NSWRU/ARU,
2: Secondly, North Ryde RSL has a very, very long lease on the licensed premises so a sale there would have to by law allow the lease to continue unless of course NRRSL want out.
3: No one I have spoken to knows jack about any sale. That's not to say it isn't on the cards but 'my people' are close and they have no word at all.
Cheers

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
this weeks ruck and maul

"Is T.G. Millner Field really under serious threat of a major redevelopment that doesn't involve football? If so, it will be a very sad day for Sydney rugby."

R

rugbywhisperer

stuffed if I know then. i chatted with Rob Frost - GM there and he had no idea.
I guess it might come down to the fact that for years developers have been eyeing the complex - must be worth a fair bit - but it's all for nought if VRG dont change their constitution and gee I can't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.