• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: Pool C - Wallabies v Georgia, SdF Sunday 10th September 2am

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

Donaldson to start at fullback….

Kerevi also to start at inside centre…

6-2 with IFL and Vunivalu on the bench.
That should heat the forum up a bit. It looks like goal kicking might be part of the reason but I don't think its a long term solution to have him starting over Kellaway. But, he may surprise us like Tom Hooper has, aside from that missed debut pressure kick v Italy he was pretty good in gold on the EOYT.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)

Donaldson to start at fullback….

Kerevi also to start at inside centre…

6-2 with IFL and Vunivalu on the bench.
If Kellaway isn’t carrying a niggle then Eddie has such a Randwick hard on it’s not funny.

good luck Ben, I hope you play the house down but the mountain of evidence for the past two years suggest you won’t.

also article says White was borderline on the edge to miss the whole squad. Quade and Hooper I can see the logic too but it’s undeniable that White is our top 3 scrum halves. Hope Eddie knows what he’s cooking.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
If Kellaway isn’t carrying a niggle then Eddie has such a Randwick hard on it’s not funny.

good luck Ben, I hope you play the house down but the mountain of evidence for the past two years suggest you won’t.

also article says White was borderline on the edge to miss the whole squad. Quade and Hooper I can see the logic too but it’s undeniable that White is our top 3 scrum halves. Hope Eddie knows what he’s cooking.
Kellaway is Randwick as well.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
The article doesn't even mention goal kicking as a reason for him being @ 15. Strange.
it makes this inference:

Donaldson told reporters on Monday that he trained largely at flyhalf in France where he was expected to back up Carter Gordon. Gordon struggled with goalkicking against France two weekends ago, without a recognised back up on the field.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
I think all of these moves are madness for this RWC. That's the only way any of this makes any sense. Nic White isn't a top 3 scrum half in Australia? Donaldson over Kellaway? Even Vunivalu over Kellaway. Vunivalu had 55 minutes of quality test rugby. Kellaway has like 25 games.

If any coach other than EJ (Eddie Jones) (or maybe Steve Hansen) was making these selections they'd be called a complete idiot. Eddie has enough credibility to do anything he wants it seems.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think all of these moves are madness for this RWC. That's the only way any of this makes any sense. Nic White isn't a top 3 scrum half in Australia? Donaldson over Kellaway? Even Vunivalu over Kellaway. Vunivalu had 55 minutes of quality test rugby. Kellaway has like 25 games.

If any coach other than EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) (or maybe Steve Hansen) was making these selections they'd be called a complete idiot. Eddie has enough credibility to do anything he wants it seems.
I still think some people will call EJ (Eddie Jones) a complete idiot

Alex Sharpe

Sydney Middleton (9)

Probably worth noting that Kellaway is a Randwick lad as well. So it's clearly about the player not the club

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

He’s cooking a pot that doesn’t push back

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
So if we're going a 6/2 split, who are our forwards on our bench?

The first 5 bench spots pick themselves:
16. Uelese (prefer Faessler but we'll see)
17. Schoupp
18. Nonggorr
19. Frost/Arnold
20. Leota

so 21. is down to Kemeny or Gleeson. Are we going to see Kemeny's "utility" factor in here with only 2 backs?