• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 4 AUS v SCO (Twickenham) 19th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I sure did... there were a few bad decisions each way, but Australia hardly had the 'rub of the green'.....

You got the benefit of multiple big decisions. Absolutely had the rub. Don't know what else to say.

Well done to the Wallabies anyway. It's not like they didn't "deserve it", the teams just play whats in front of them, so credit. Sure as shit won't be happy with that performance though.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I think arguing about the 'Ifs' and 'Buts' of that particular game is fine - but its not really the point...

If we want to win this World up - or even appear in the final for that matter, the Darkness showed us what needs to be done... What the Wallabies needed to do tonight was to go out and stamp their authority - and there is no way in the world we could be construed as having done that...

I have seen our boys on the wrong end of so many endings like this over the years - and as someone said - any Wallaby Team under Jones or Deans would likely have not pulled that game out of the Fire, so i'll gladly take it - but it was a case of dicking-about tonight - when we should have been taking it up several gears!...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You mean the dodgy yellow card?
Why do people fail to view anything neutrally?
We deserved to lose and would have if the ref didn't help a couple times. Happens both ways, we bitch when it's against us but we shouldn't argue it didn't happen when it's for us. Unless we want to come Across all kiwi like
The expectations of commentators and fans of the deliberate knock on rule is definitely out of step with the referees.

I don't think that one should have been a yellow card but I don't think a penalty would have been out of order.

The law is a deliberate knock on, not a deliberate knock down. Attempting an intercept by just sticking out one hand is always going to be risky. If you don't knock it up there's a good chance you'll be penalised and given a yellow card.

If you go for an intercept it is by definition deliberate. Needs to be a realistic chance of intercepting it and not just an overwhelming chance of a knock on.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wallabies didn't really control the game, lots of errors. Two of your tries were off the back of dodgy penalties. Scotland shouldn't have been carded. The last penalty is NOT a penalty to me.

Totally agree with the comment about lack of control, but I am completely mystified by your apparent obsession with the penalty at the end. Ball came off a Scottish player and was projected forward where another Scottish player played at it. A penalty every time.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Poey is just wearing the 8 on his back. on the pitch he is still the openside . pretty clear where hooper was lacking in the scotland game.

Dead right. I said all through the game that we missed Pocock. Hooper had a decent game, but we lacked presence at the breakdown and the Scots competed hard there. I hope like hell he's fit for next week.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
That was a really disappointing finish to the test match that penalty call given that it wasn't a penalty and should've been an OZ scrum.

The fact that Phipps touched it put that 'offside' Scot player onside. Comes back to the original offence. Very disappointing because it did decide the result. It's rare that a rugby game will be decided like that, but in this case it did because of when it occurred.

in the words of the 'great' Phi Kearns, Joubert "giver yourself an uppercut"

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
We are missing a straight running ball player at 12. To'omua should be getting game time. Nothing against Gits, but he has lost speed off the mark and at the top end.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
That was a really disappointing finish to the test match that penalty call given that it wasn't a penalty and should've been an OZ scrum.

The fact that Phipps touched it put that 'offside' Scot player onside. Comes back to the original offence. Very disappointing because it did decide the result. It's rare that a rugby game will be decided like that, but in this case it did because of when it occurred.

in the words of the 'great' Phi Kearns, Joubert "giver yourself an uppercut"

The Scots were so lucky with 2 gift tries by Foley and Slipper for them

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That just adds a new complexity to the game. Intercept to the Single Malts, comnverted. SCO lead by 2 with 5 minutes left. SCO 34 AUS 32.

Sydney Stars may now have a chance in the NRC Semi Final.

With that Bee's Dick victory, the Stars won't be able to use these blokes next weekend against Brisbane City in the NRC SF. They're no chance now.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
You guys didn't use Kuridrani often enough. Horne - Bennett is a nice attacking axis, but is soft underbelly on D.

Dunbar, Gilchrist, McInally and Scott back for the 6 Nations, hopefully we can build on this rather than fall to shit. Try and play Strauss and Denton together too, I think if they can can get some gametime under their belts together, they could be a very good carrying combo.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Touching Phipps isn't enough - it has to be ruled that Phipps deliberately played it. If it just came off him the offside players are not put onside. Law 11. Whether Phipps deliberately played it is the question.

He knocked it back with his hand. It is clear on the replay that Phipps moves his arm in a backward motion.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I think I heard comments by Cheika during the week that the boys had had "two days off", and another day just before match day.
I'm betting that wont happen this week!

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Sorry Quade. The game is just too close to call at the moment and I can't risk putting you on and having you fuck it up for us.

Haha gold! to be fair to quade, this is a typical bad game of foley where he can be as bad as quade. Despite the england heroics, some people forget how inconsistent foley can be...... but id still pick foley ahead of cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.