• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Tickets/Fan Experience

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Lucky enough to get tickets to Aus v Wales in Lyon then Aus v Portugal the following weekend. Take a tidy two weeks off work, nip over for a week of rugby in the south, then see the in-laws up north before coming home.

Currently trying to work out where to stay after the Portugal game though, by all accounts Saint Etienne is a bit of a hole.

Anyone else making a trip out of it?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yep, there the week before. Aus v Fiji and Aus v Wales.

Just got the Wales tickets last night in what has been a widely acclaimed debacle of a ticketing exercise.
How'd you manage the Wales tickets? Was this re-sale or something?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How'd you manage the Wales tickets? Was this re-sale or something?

yep - up at just before 3am this morning. Got on to the actual ticket portal about 5:15 and then they were all disappearing before my eyes. Ended up getting 3 separate category A tickets which wasn't my ideal. But just happy to get tickets.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Yeah, I'm in the site and there's a few tickets available for Wallabies-Wales, but errors when trying to buy them, very frustrating.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I've tried three times to get tickets and have given up. I was seriously crapped off by the experience every time. We're heading to France and Switzerland at the end of the year as a family but there won't be any fucking rugby getting watched.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I've tried three times to get tickets and have given up. I was seriously crapped off by the experience every time. We're heading to France and Switzerland at the end of the year as a family but there won't be any fucking rugby getting watched.
I’m sure there will be more tickets come available closer to the game if you’re willing to be flexible with your plans

Doritos Day

Tom Lawton (22)
The hotel situation is very grim.

I'm going solo so easy enough to sort an airbnb but not sure what I would do if with a family or larger group.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The hotel situation is very grim.

I'm going solo so easy enough to sort an airbnb but not sure what I would do if with a family or larger group.

yep, we have booked all ours which is a group of 5 guys. Lyon in particular (for the Wales game) is gouge city. Paying big bucks for a hostel

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
yep, we have booked all ours which is a group of 5 guys. Lyon in particular (for the Wales game) is gouge city. Paying big bucks for a hostel
we found AirBnB to be pretty affordable in Lyon for the Wales game!

The Portugal game is proving more difficult but these are fun problems to have.

Doritos Day

Tom Lawton (22)
we found AirBnB to be pretty affordable in Lyon for the Wales game!

The Portugal game is proving more difficult but these are fun problems to have.
Lyon decent prices, Paris isn't too bad either. I've found Nice to be the best value by far, you can get crazy nice apartments in Old Town for like $200/night

Marseille has been the massive rip off I've found, every man and his dog is in town for the Eng-Arg / RSA-Sco back to back.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Be careful where you eat in Saint Etienne, this guy may have brought a friend:

"A convicted mafia killer who had his victims dissolved in acid has been arrested after being discovered working as a pizza maker in France.

"Edgardo Greco was captured in the town of Saint-Étienne in southern France, where he worked as a restaurant chef and “pizzaiolo”, or pizza maker."