• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Samoa vs Australia A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Aus with a bit of a lucky try from a poor kick then good bounce. Then Samoa hit back to be 17 - 7.

Probably a bit of a Shepard last try.

Muzza

Herbert Moran (7)
Under 20s and now Australia A…
Lot to build on over the next 5 years to our home World Cup

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Under 20s and now Australia A…
Lot to build on over the next 5 years to our home World Cup
Which is why they're being given exposure on an international stage now. Wins would be nice, but it isn't the point of the exercise

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Finally I figure out the reason for such a poor performance. I didn't know until I saw some photos of the game.

And this is the reason:
20220702_054629.jpg

How can you play good rugby with that ugly sponsor on your chest? That rectangular purple takes your energy! You can't play with a 2 years ago jersey with that on your chest. It no makes sense, the players are the victims

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So many players were anonymous on the field. Did Hamish Stewart touch the ball more than once?

Yep. The powers that be here are scathing at predictable players and predictably not commenting on others. Stewart did not deserve this call up and does not deserve to be held in the squad. He's a great Super player who has had huge appetite in rugby but seems to have run past it. Average year for the Reds and shite game for A.

Always with the potential to roll that situation, all the same. But if you have to show that skillset in order to hold a position in the team, he's not there next time.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I didn’t think Stewart played that badly, or any worse then his peers at least. Seems a bit unfair to target him after that team performance.

i thought he has also done enough over the past two seasons to warrant a call up to Australia A squad, and test at a higher level, not sure what other 12s there are who aren’t in the wallabies or injuries?

Last edited:

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I thought Stewart was one of our best. Suffered by playing outside a stuttering halves combo. But excellent in defence, kicked smartly and did some good things in attack.
Lonergan didn’t have a great game and young Edmed was solid in defence but didn’t get his backline firing….

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Lonergan didn’t have a great game and young Edmed was solid in defence but didn’t get his backline firing….
Which in one way what the 'A'team is about, to see how players are going to perform at a higher level. Will be interesting to see if they improve.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I didn’t think Stewart played that badly, or any worse then his peers at least. Seems a bit unfair to target him after that team performance.

i thought he has also done enough over the past two seasons to warrant a call up to Australia A squad, and test at a higher level, not sure what other 12s there are who aren’t in the wallabies or injuries?
I think Hamish is somewhat overestimated by some Reds fans but wasn't appreciably worse than the rest of the team yesterday. To answer your question, Simone and Kuenzle. Simone is off overseas though and maybe Kuenzle has an injury?

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Which in one way what the 'A'team is about, to see how players are going to perform at a higher level. Will be interesting to see if they improve.
It will be interesting who the coaches go with selections wise, in what seems to be the hardest game v Fiji this weekend?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think Hamish is somewhat overestimated by some Reds fans but wasn't appreciably worse than the rest of the team yesterday. To answer your question, Simone and Kuenzle. Simone is off overseas though and maybe Kuenzle has an injury?
Simone is certainly better but he's unfortunately gone and it's hard to blame him, getting discarded after being fed to the ABs.

Kuenzle though? nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.