• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scarf Awards 2009 - nominations thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Re: Scarf Awards - 2009 - nominations please

How about these:

The Timana Award - for walking away from a debate when you got found out, it all got too hard and signed up with Planet Rugby instead

The Lote Award - for (allegedly) starting a topic with someone who was too young to add any valid contribution (and came from a respectful Canberra family)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

PaarlBok said:
Newb said:
maybe worst speller/typer? is anyone particularly error prone?

foreign poster i'd nominate Blue as well
For spelling I nominate myself but for Blue being nominate as a forigner by Newb nominating I do nominate him as the best passionate poster. :yay

(Hope he is still alive? havent heard some from him in a while)
And we have a front-runner for the Dingo Award for "What the hell did he just say??" ;) Love your work PB!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Scarfman said:
Newb said:

Bluey? He's as Aussie as Aussie Clyde Rathbone.

Dinkum, dead set Boer Aussie. (I have a poster of Pauline on my wall.)

Except when the Bulls and Boks play rugby :)

Rathbone? Pah! A pommie bastard whose family stopped over in Natal and his Granny had a flirt with an Aussie.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)

Scarfman said:
Scorz said:
The Ray Charles Award for blindly supporting a favourite player?

The Josef Fritzl Award for hating on one particular player?

Are you thinking of anyone in particular? In re: Burgess / Barnes?
Genia/Richard Brown? Rocky Elsom/Nathan Sharpe? Or do you mean poster nominations?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf

I'll spell it out Scorz. I reckon both the Ray and Josef are lay-down miseres for Mr Naz Naza of O'Sullivan Road, Bellevue Hill, New South Wales.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)

What about "Best new poster" - qualification to be less than 50 posts? There have been some good new additions to the forum of late.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)

Blue said:
Dinkum, dead set Boer Aussie.

We have a serious contender for worst speller/ typist of the year :lmao:

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member

Scarfman said:
Any categories I have missed?

Most long-winded with extra points for digressions.

Modesty does not permit me to suggest a candidate.

S

Spook

The Rugby Historian Award:
- Lee Grant, Biffo, Lindommer

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)

cyclopath said:
PaarlBok said:
Newb said:

For spelling I nominate myself but for Blue being nominate as a forigner by Newb nominating I do nominate him as the best passionate poster. :yay

And we have a front-runner for the Dingo Award for "What the hell did he just say??" ;) Love your work PB!

Instantly overtaken by PB's Afrikaans posts. PB is out on his own.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)

Best Facts: Lee

Most Logical: Scotty

Most Wise: Lee

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)

Biffo said:
cyclopath said:
PaarlBok said:
Newb said:

Instantly overtaken by PB's Afrikaans posts. PB is out on his own.
Sorry Biff will get the direct link for Blue. Its about a white Boer kiddie that have met Habana in person at a restuarant and he become his big hero even higher then your late Crocodile Dundee and Bakkies Botha. Then he saw Habana is now going to WeePee and had a prayer that Habanas new team will loose in future. Story written by by his mum. You'll only find this in Bulls country, in NO other place on planet earth.

Link:http://www.dieburger.com/Content/By..._Jesus,_lat_Habana_se_span_asseblief_verloor_

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)

Scarfman said:
I'll spell it out Scorz. I reckon both the Ray and Josef are lay-down miseres for Mr Naz Naza of O'Sullivan Road, Bellevue Hill, New South Wales.
Well, I won't argue with you. I'd put a vote forward for Gagger (Wallabies) in the Ray category. No offense meant mate but that video of the Wobbs, well Baxter, getting whistled off the park... "Georgia.... Georgia....." ;)

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)

Scorz said:
Scarfman said:
Well, I won't argue with you. I'd put a vote forward for Gagger (Wallabies) in the Ray category. No offense meant mate but that video of the Wobbs, well Baxter, getting whistled off the park... "Georgia.... Georgia....." ;)

waratahjesus stakes a claim. again, no offense...

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member

Scorz said:
Scarfman said:
Well, I won't argue with you. I'd put a vote forward for Gagger (Wallabies) in the Ray category. No offense meant mate but that video of the Wobbs, well Baxter, getting whistled off the park... "Georgia.... Georgia....."  ;)

JUSTICE 4 AL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SYO3tNit2c http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dguiAonFsP4

Scotty

David Codey (61)

What about "Best new poster" - qualification to be less than 50 posts? There have been some good new additions to the forum of late.

I second this category, sort of like rookie of the year. Not sure it needs to be limited to 50 posts though.

Scarfie,

Are you going to collate the official categories and then start a new thread for nominations only? Or do we just go ahead and keep jumbling them into this thread?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf

OK, Rookie is a good category, here's a list of names that might fit - joined in the last 12 months:
- The Riddler, cheezel, eddo, louie, epi, newb, sagerian, steiner, rugbywhisperer, waratahjesus

Should we have "Most Missed Poster"? Not that many people have left. Red Bull and Jury are obvious candidates for mine. Or formeropenside. Or CHISELHEAD.

I reckon keep the ideas and nominations coming in this thread until the end of the week, then I'll put up the Polls up for each category.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf

Just thought of another one. How about the Alan Jones Award for services to schoolboy rugby. Lee? RW? Paarl? Keen for this one, or pass?

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)

How about "The Mat the Bogun Rogers Award" for switching from one forum to another. Go on, nominate me. :)

Scotty

David Codey (61)

Rookie of the Year - rugbywhisperer (although I get a feeling he wouldn't consider himself a 'rookie' in any other facet of life)

Best Facts: Lee

Most Logical: Scotty

Most Wise: Lee

Thanks Louie - is it that obvious I'm an engineer?

Status
Not open for further replies.