• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SCARF AWARDS 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
cyclopath said:
Scarfman said:
cyclopath said:
Well, I tried, but my WAG's pic was disallowed by the forum prudes! I'd like to congratulate Moses, naza and of course Demmo for his dead-pan delivery of the award.
Fixed now. That's not your real WAG is it, you bastard?
Oh, is this whole night reality based? My bad!

Well, I've had the pleasure of a night out with Pedallist and his missus. Crikey, P, what were you serving?
Was that your missus?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
The ultimate prize in Australian rugby is the Gold Scarf Award. Last year, I was lucky enough to receive the award.

In the last 12 months, we've seen many changes in the landscape of Australian rugby supporters. Most significantly, The Yellow Scarf joined up with Green and Gold Rugby, to bring you the Total Rugby Experience that you are benefiting from today.

We're in the UK Telegraph's Top 20 rugby websites in the world, but also, we're totally kicking arse on all the visitor stats compared with other Australasian rugby websites (are you listening, Daimen?). In short, we rock. And we owe it all to you, the Aussie rugby fan.

And so, to our nominees for the Gold Scarf for Poster of the Year. To announce the nominees, we have diverted the critical corporate attention of Mr John Eales, former captain of the Wallabies (1997-2001), and successful businessman.

John, the nominations, please.

JE: Thank you Dr Scarf. Playing for the Wallabies necessarily involves a considerable degree of composure, and all of the nominees have shown that in the 2008/09 season.

Scarf: Composure being the key, John?

JE: Absolutely Scarfie. All the nominees kept their composure through the 80 minutes.

Scarf: So, the nominees and winners, John?

JE: The nominees are ... Gagger, Moses, and Noddy.

Scarf: It's very exciting, John.

JE: Keep your composure, Scarfy.

The winner is ... Noddy.

Scarf: Thanks John. It seems approporiate that the first winner of the Gold Scarf since the amalgamation should go to the poster most responsible for the integration between the blog and the forum. Cheers, Nods, thanks for all your hard work on the blog and the forum.

Attachments

• je.JPG
    je.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 529

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Thanks Gags, and Moses, and Juan, and Lance. There's no doubt, tonight, that rugby is the winner.

Goodnight Australia.

Attachments

• the winner.JPG
    the winner.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 545

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Hearty congratulations to the winners. Sadly I couldn't make the awards, I was stopped on the way by the cops:

scandalous5o-ep.jpg

Needless to say I was detained for a considerable period.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Great stuff , Oom Paarl feel really honoured with all the gold stuff and Doc dankie for all the nice compliments!

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Great stuff Scarfissimo. Congrats to all the winners.

I was honoured by the nomination. Fuck you to those that didn't vote for me. :thumb

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
my own sentiments mirror gaggers. great job putting the show together scarfie. :yay

sorry i couldn't stay for the whole thing. sleep comes early half way around the world. plus i had to take big al out of the event early as he kept getting pinged by our waiter for poor etiquette techniques. it was quite embarrassing.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
well done one and all.

I am honoured, but rugby is well and truly the winner.....after me.

Very funny stuff Scarfy!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I was robbed. Funny stuff Scarf and an early nominee for next years drunkest poster perhaps?

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Two nominations and naff all silverware - gutted. Shithouse day as well yacht racing, coming last due to some fucking abysmal tactis. Luckily I have the pleasure of the last Golden Oldies game of the year this afternoon to look forward to - where I will be able to take my frustrations out with a couple of side steps, the odd hand-off, plenty of rucking action, and of course my obligatory 50 metre run to the try line ::)

S

Spook

Well I'm glad I didn't win the disingenuous passion award. :eek: To all those who nominated/voted for me - get stuffed ;)

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
honestly? one eyed? i think there should have been another category for "the denial!".
im not one eyed, i speak the truth, its just a shame few on here realise!

that said im keeping the award!
thanks to the greater viewing public,
i would like to point out that paarl was wrong and that
i first learnt i had won this when tom carter sent me a text message late last night!
god bless you all, i hope you can change your points of view in the near future
to better reflect something closer to mine!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
:lmao: This is genuine belly laugh stuff. Nice work Scarfy: your day job is under threat.

I was actually in the building last night (Mrs TA looked after the kids - big ups) but on the way into the venue had to drain the dragon. I found this in the men's ...

HCOT-IP_26239_18.jpg

... and the rest is history

S

Spook

NTA said:
:lmao: This is genuine belly laugh stuff. Nice work Scarfy: your day job is under threat.

I was actually in the building last night (Mrs TA looked after the kids - big ups) but on the way into the venue had to drain the dragon. I found this in the men's ...

HCOT-IP_26239_18.jpg

... and the rest is history

Poo sex?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Oh.

My head.

Hurts.

Hope you all got home safely. No reasons for JON to tear up your contract.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
waratahjesus said:
honestly? one eyed? i think there should have been another category for "the denial!".
im not one eyed, i speak the truth, its just a shame few on here realise!

That's what I used to say !

4 nominations, no wins, 1 placing...obviously the whole thing is rigged and its a conspiracy.

Is it time for a new avatar ?

sa-rugby-fan.gif

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
*the noise of a microphone being pinned on and a wonky super 8 picture*

Scorz: "get me another vodka and milk would you... fuck me it's pretty boring standing around with a camera crew waiting for the call. What are those dozy Aussie wankers up to? What's that? Rolling? Live now? Ahem. Ah... um... Thanks for the nomination and cheers to all who keep the Yellow... um, Scart and it's partner Green and Canary Yellow running. I believe I speak for all of my colleagues when I say that we expect to hear more quality commentary and opinion from this excellent radio station in the future. Live from Mooloo Country, this is Scorz wishing you goodnight."

*feedback, a dropped microphone*

"...ah shit how long has that spew been on my tie..."

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Brilliant..

Some controversy to be sure, but where would we be without something to piss and whine about for another 12 months.

Thanks Scarfy. Solid Work.

For a moment I thought naza was going to pull the Kanye.

Bobas IS Kanye

kanye-west-taylor-swift-vmas-outburst3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.