• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School rowing 2022

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Please post ALL school rowing here. That includes anything about boys' schools rowing.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
No Rowing events for 2021. Their season starts on 5th February with the St Joseph's Regatta at SIRC and finishes with the HOTR on 19th March.

The AAGPS Chairman Mr Mark Ticehurst, and Executive Officer Mr Nigel Price, in consultation with the GPS Headmasters’ Standing Committee, wish to provide the following update regarding AAGPS sporting programmes in 2021:

The GPS Headmaster’s Standing Committee is pleased to announce that AAGPS summer sport fixtures will re-commence on Saturday 13 November 2021. The full details of a revised schedule for Term 4, will be available shortly on the AAGPS website. All fixtures will be inter-school trial matches, in preparation for the AAGPS summer sport competitions commencing in Term 1, 2022. There will be no spectators permitted at all fixtures in Term 4.

All inter-school sporting activities will be conducted in accordance with the updated AAGPS COVID-19 Safety Plan and within current NSW Government and Health guidelines. This includes the requirement for all participants aged 16 years and over to be fully vaccinated in order to participate in, or officiate at inter-school sporting fixtures. Proof of vaccination for students 16 years and over participating in AAGPS inter-school fixtures are to be verified by each school prior to the re-commencement date.

The AAGPS acknowledges that advice and the current situation has, and will continue to change rapidly. As the situation evolves, the AAGPS will continue to monitor and act accordingly throughout the remainder of 2021.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Decent speed out of the Riverview boatshed today at the Joeys regatta, winning the 3rd VIII, 4th IV, 3rd IV, 2nd IV and 1st VIII.

Well done 'View!

Last edited:

GpsRowing4Life

Frank Row (1)
Shore 1st VIII looking way off the mark at the moment. In previous years I have watched them dart out of the blocks and hold on for dear life but not yesterday. I can’t tell if Shore had a weak start or if Riverview just were too skilful to stay with them. And kings won last year and look undercooked for this time of the season, they better get their act together. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how Riverview came out and won it yesterday?

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Shore 1st VIII looking way off the mark at the moment. In previous years I have watched them dart out of the blocks and hold on for dear life but not yesterday. I can’t tell if Shore had a weak start or if Riverview just were too skilful to stay with them. And kings won last year and look undercooked for this time of the season, they better get their act together. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how Riverview came out and won it yesterday?
G'day GPSRowing, yes Riverview won 3 out of 4 of the year 10 Jnr VIIIs last year at HOTR, just an indication they were going to be strong in their GPS crews again this year. View's year 10 1st VIII last year won their HOTR race with a record time of 6.08 and change. They have a powerful shed with plenty of depth.

Who knows with the upcoming races, I expect Kings will again be competitive in the 1st VIII and Shore are always a threat. The 3 schools waring various shades of blue, & white will be the top contenders for the MR this year imho.

Last edited:

Lotsalunch

Frank Row (1)
Shore 1st VIII looking way off the mark at the moment. In previous years I have watched them dart out of the blocks and hold on for dear life but not yesterday… Does anyone have any suggestions as to how Riverview came out and won it yesterday?
96FB9C2B-E09D-4BF7-93D5-B25B0EAA92C2.jpeg

my predictions from last years forum… I still think will be between Riverview, Kings and Shore. What impact Randell heading overseas will have on kings will be interesting to see.

OK talent coming through and good work from the coaching team at Riverview, fairer conditions in the second race saw them do well.

Scots look to have an off year… New underperforming given talent with interesting entries at states on the weekend, Joeys yet to race in the new year but should be improved on last year.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
This Saturday at SIRC NSW Rowing Championships

Schoolboy Eight 2000m

Race 53 9.30am Heat 1
Race 54 9.35am Heat 2
Race 55 9.40am Heat 3

Race 90 12.45pm Final

Live Stream

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Race 90Final: Championship Schoolboy Eight
Sponsored by: Bentleys
PlaceCrewLane500M1000M1500M2000MMargins
1stKINGS 13 2:56.36 (4)4:23.57 (2)5:49.09 0.00
GN.Whalan, F.Leahy, W.Rogers, R.Menzies, M.Bucknell, S.Dugan, H.Staniforth, D.Duta, Cox: L.Cleave
Coaches: J.Huxley, S.Huxley
2ndST KEVIN'S 1
VIC
6 2:52.75 (1)4:22.74 (1)5:51.412.32+2.32
SS.Chapman, T.Hall, H.Terzini, W.Blyth, D.Di Mauro, L.Ryan, R.Cornelius, J.Hart, Cox: O.Lunn
3rdSHORE 14 2:54.92 (2)4:26.82 (4)5:54.342.93+5.25
BL.Banks, G.Chapman, H.Oxenham, E.Nutt, H.Scambler, J.Kenny, C.Sloan, W.Clubb, Cox: J.Smith
Coach: D.Jennings
4thST IGNATIUS 18 2:55.31 (3)4:25.54 (3)5:54.350.01+5.26
R.Curtin, J.Power, N.Lowrey, J.O'Meara, O.Beregi, T.Goodman, J.Whiteing, L.Milozzi, Cox: L.Vecchio
Coach: M.Curtin
5thNEWINGTON 19 2:57.15 (5)4:31.29 (8)5:55.361.01+6.27
O.Sutherland, M.Jones, T.Maclean, M.Elliott, C.Carr, A.Page, A.Moses, H.Harvey, Cox: D.Novati
Coaches: C.Holliday, R.Hobbs
6thST AUGUSTINES7 2:58.38 (6)4:30.48 (6)5:56.110.75+7.02
B.Nicholas, T.Magee, T.Potts, J.Lynch, D.McKenzie, B.Smith, O.St Pierre, J.Wilson, Cox: R.Taylor
Coaches: J.Ungemach, M.Ungemach
7thST JOSEPHS1 2:59.89 (8)4:29.20 (5)5:57.291.18+8.20
O.Maroulis, T.Summers, J.Mangelsdorf, C.Hine, J.Frederikson, Q.Dickinson, J.Gursoy, M.Moloney, Cox: H.Tong
Coaches: D.Gely, C.Rowe
8thACGS
QLD
5 2:58.69 (7)4:33.15 (9)6:00.252.96+11.16
R.Barrett, H.Lumber, M.Campbell, G.Murphy, R.Bliss, C.Brosnan, A.Kerr, H.Cool, Cox: J.Porter
9thSHORE 22 3:10.07 (9)4:30.92 (7)6:00.280.03+11.19
N.Mathur, N.Holt, W.Wulff, H.Shepherd, T.Galligan, T.Hebblewhite, T.Wait, C.Marshall, Cox: J.Warburton
Coach: P.Koster

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Well done to the Kings 1st VIII for last week.

Riverview Gold Cup is this Saturday and covered on YouTube;

Last edited:

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Bit of trivia no one asked for; before the silver and gold oars that are currently awarded to winning crews at the Riverview Gold Cup, 14 ct gold medals were awarded with the Riverview crest on one side and the engraved name of the rower/cox and the year on the reverse. My grandfather won this one below 107 years ago, rowing for View. Dad has one of the last pure silver oars, as a member of the Riverview VIII from 1951 and our son rowed for View as well and has a current 'silver' oar (which has buggar all silver, but is a nice reward). Good luck to the crews tomorrow.

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    986.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Kings won the junior pennant today I believe. Good things seem to be happening in their shed. Their junior 8’s seem to be going well as well. Will be interesting to see how Shore responds.

Last edited:

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Kings won the junior pennant today I believe. Good things seem to be happening in their shed. Their junior 8’s seem to be going well as well. Will be interesting to see how Shore responds.
EDIT: 3 schools in the race for Junior Pennant this weekend: Kings, View and Shore, all separated by one point. Senior Pennant likely to go to Shore.

In other news; SIRC is currently closed due to flooding and contingency plans are being made to move the head of the river.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Number 7; both Senior and Junior Point scores are too close to call IMHO. In the Senior crews its Shore 171, View 169, Kings on 134. Will come down to the boys on the day.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
EDIT: 3 schools in the race for Junior Pennant this weekend: Kings, View and Shore, all separated by one point. Senior Pennant likely to go to Shore.

In other news; SIRC is currently closed due to flooding and contingency plans are being made to move the head of the river.
Number 7
Following on from your comment about contingency plans to move the AAGPS HOTR

this was released on Monday (NSW Schoolgirl and Schoolboy HOTR) which was to occur this Sat 12th and Sun 13th

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
With Riverview's 1st Junior VIII (Year 10) last season breaking the AAGPS record (spanning back to 2001) I'm wondering why O.Smith is now not coaching the 1st VIII.

They finished 1st once the whole season (a race which Newington and Kings DNS) prior to the HOTR.

Some earlier results at SIRC in 2021

- 6th Feb 6.21.88
- 13th Feb 6.25.50
- 27th Feb DNS
- 6th Mar 6.17.76

HOTR 13th Mar 6.08.67

Last edited:

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Congratulations to Kings for winning the MR for a second year, well done to Shore for wining the 2nd VIII and 1st IV in very close races with Riverview, for also taking out the 2nd IV.

Well done to Riverview for achieving podium positions in all 11 races and wining the 3rd IV, 4th IV, 3rd VIII and 4th year 10 VIII.

Stay well everyone and see you here next season!

Last edited: