• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Schooldays over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
My bloke finished school today. NO MORE SCHOOL FEES. YAY! :yay :yay :yay

He's off to Schoolies later this month with 120 of his closest mates; they plan to behave themselves among the mayhem of the Gold Coast. :eek: :eek: :eek:

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Lind my girl finished a week or so back. First time in my life I saw kids dont want to leave because of the 150 birthday and special year they had as matrix. She started to day with the examinations.

She is going to cost me plenty next year tho. Off to Maties to start a 4 year Teacher degree, BEd. Now thats a lot of money and myself not knowing at this stage where I'll get that from. We still havent decided if she will drive daily, 30kms to Stellenbosch but boarding school is out of the question. Flats at Stellenbosch also dont come easy. Have no doubt that she'll make a big success with her studies. A really hard grafter. My oldest son on the other hand, he cant sit still for 10 minutes , but thats always been a boy thing.

So whats the boy going to do next year?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Fingers (and toes) crossed he gets a good enough pass to get into Arts at Sydney Uni. BUT NO WAY WILL HE BE PLAYING RUGBY FOR THEM. He's very good at History and is interested in Philosophy. We'll have to get together with Scarfie to give him a bit of career advice. Other than that, he's going for his driving licence today and plans to spend the rest of his holidays chatting up girls and drinking beer.

Sounds a bit like me at the same age. ;D ;D ;D

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Co Incident, my kid wanted to study BA Visual Arts at Maties and her application failed. Like in rugby we have a qouta system going at universities and Maties being a traditional Afrikaans one, even more so. My kid got 90% for art in her previous exams and surely a A candidate in Arts for her matrix exams and also win the Art prize at Paarl Gym , well I sure could not understand this one. She specialize in print making and have a passion for art. She could go to Osfontein, we had it all organised but no she want to go to Maties and dont want to be that far from home and have to settle for her second choise.

Regarding the boyfriends, I do have aymphaty for her, not easy for one to get past a dad, that know to "kapater a ram" , cut a male sheep balls out and a bigger brother that have the same frame as Thomo.

Anyway good luck with your one.

Status
Not open for further replies.