• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Derby weekend - it should be a battle through all colts and grade.
Sun will be shining.

Doesn't get any better than that, does it? It's our derby day, too, or as close as we get to one. Parra usually grow a few legs, that's for sure.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Just saw on rugby.com.au that Parramatta will be re-branding for the 2019 season. From 2019 onward they will be known as the Western Sydney Two Blues.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Doubt they'll move from the revamped Granville Park.
Maybe trying to offset the suggested move west by Eastwood and take advantage of the demise of Penrith.

Plenty of room for the code, that is for sure. Eastwood will move to the north west, I am pretty sure, which will leave a huge potential catchment for the Two Blues. I hope that special funding, or some type of development input, is provided to them. Subject to some performance checks and balances, I would imagine that the whole NSW rugby community would want to see that happen.

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
Have heard from a pretty good source that they will be moving around to a few grounds including possibly a match or two out at Nepean.

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
Who is getting the
TV coverage this year?
ShuteTV.png

Attachments

• ShuteTV.png
    ShuteTV.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 214

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Wouldn't mind seeing Wests 12 in a backline that fed him front foot ball. Don't think he missed getting over the advantage line often significantly all game.
Does he have an NRC contract? With rumours of Folau leaving the Tahs could shift Beale to 15 opening up a spot for a 12. Of course there’s a big difference between getting over the advantage line in Shute Shield and starting for the Waratahs but I’ll keep an eye out for him.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Can this be correct?

According to the Fusesport Ap, the playoffs will be as follows:

Week 1:
1 v 6 (game A)
3 v 4 (game B)
2 v 5 (game C)

Week 2:
Winner A v Winner C
Winner B v Loser A

If this is correct, in giving the minor premiers two bites of the cherry (good!), they've also given the team which finishes 6 the same advantage!
Or am I missing something?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Can this be correct?

According to the Fusesport Ap, the playoffs will be as follows:

Week 1:
1 v 6 (game A)
3 v 4 (game B)
2 v 5 (game C)

Week 2:
Winner A v Winner C
Winner B v Loser A

If this is correct, in giving the minor premiers two bites of the cherry (good!), they've also given the team which finishes 6 the same advantage!
Or am I missing something?

Yep correct, same as last year.
Lowest 2 losers are eliminated.
If you remember both 1st and 2nd lost last year - Souths finishing second were eliminated, because Manly finishing first also lost

Status
Not open for further replies.