• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
You are a miserable old sod. Four different clubs won today with the prospect of two different clubs winning tomorrow. Majority of SU players came through colts (all except Wilkin and O'Regan) and yes, despite your continuous protestations, some from juniors.

Continuous? Juniors? Could we have some specifics please?

When was my last "protestation"? To the nearest year will do.

Juniors? Ha ha.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
No way do I support Uni but you'd have to be a tough critic to not admire what they did yesterday.
After missing the playoffs last year and with a new coach they were just totally dominant and played great rugby.
That new coach should be on a radar somewhere.

2 years undefeated at 1st Colts.

Wins a premiership first year coaching 1st grade. (with a young side plenty thought wouldn't even make finals)

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You are a miserable old sod. Four different clubs won today with the prospect of two different clubs winning tomorrow. Majority of SU players came through colts (all except Wilkin and O'Regan) and yes, despite your continuous protestations, some from juniors.

O'Regan played Juniors for Uni from at least U15s!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Some junior development is better than none.

They used to have none. Then again, the "Students" used to be an authentic University rugby club, once upon a time. And when the students graduated, most of them (the ones who continued playing, that is) moved out into the community and played rugby for the district clubs.

The game was the richer for this.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Round 1 of the QPR 7s was run and won over the weekend and it has me wondering if or when something similar to this concept will occur in NSW. It could involve the current 11 Chute clubs plus a Suburban team representing Subbies. Could even look to include some of the close by regions in Hunter, Illawarra, Central Coast and potentially even the Central West.

Run it over 4 - 6 rounds aligned with NRC games.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It would make it a long season for the average joe who plays and/or volunteers for the love of the game.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Mate, there's no interest.
Manly & Rats are the only 2 that consistently compete in the summer comps,and the Marlins appeared to rest their better players this year.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
So who are the candidates to get the norths head coach role. Those clubs looking for change must be scrambling to get a quality coach, lets see who bags who first...

Status
Not open for further replies.