• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
my son came back from training (hes at easts colts) and said easts have 8 waratahs playing tomorrow in a trial against gordon in the trial. to be generous - not sure if i feel sorry for gordon or not.. actually, no, i dont.

Those ones are in a Deluxe Uber though in lieu of a parachute - yeah one of them is a Manly Junior.

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
Those ones are in a Deluxe Uber though in lieu of a parachute - yeah one of them is a Manly Junior.

which one is the manly junior? its crazy how you can get 8 at the same club though, and all playing in a trial. it will be a big result. and if all of those play the full year in shute, easts will go a long way.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
which one is the manly junior? its crazy how you can get 8 at the same club though, and all playing in a trial. it will be a big result. and if all of those play the full year in shute, easts will go a long way.

Lala Foketi - come through our juniors into our 2013 colts side - then contracted to the Rebels, then over to NZ

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Seems the Tahs move to Daceyville has kicked Easts along nicely. Is it pure luck that they’ve landed all the fringe Tahs or smart recruitment? Talent that isn’t playing Super but available for most Saturday’s of Shute will have them close to the top for this season

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
Seems the Tahs move to Daceyville has kicked Easts along nicely. Is it pure luck that they’ve landed all the fringe Tahs or smart recruitment? Talent that isn’t playing Super but available for most Saturday’s of Shute will have them close to the top for this season

I watched the game live, Easts were not the best team on that field, Gordon were a lot better but just a couple mistakes and easts scored that last try to win. Was 5 tries to 4 to Easts. Physically gordon a lot better than easts and the gordon backs looked more threatening. It opened up a but more when gordon reserves came on and easts tahs quality continued a bit more.

Very impressed with them

Good news though, easts colts are winning so my son is happy for now u til 1s kick off

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Would love to see many Gaggers at this tribute to the Oldest Living Wallaby

Attachments

• Lunch with Oldest Living Wallaby Eric Tweedale.pdf
    536.5 KB · Views: 481

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
https://rugbynews.net.au/2019-shute-shield-season-preview-southern-districts/

now im excited for the season. go you rebels. im not too sure who the new player from drummoyne is and it looks like they purposely have left out about another 10 new players but still. year of the rebels!

Agree GG there are a few (forwards) that were left out. Did you see the Wix article wow looks like they have bought a whole new team from NZ. Interesting to see the blend with the local lads who have been working their way through the grades.
Regardless will be big improvers with that much new talent on show

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree GG there are a few (forwards) that were left out. Did you see the Wix article wow looks like they have bought a whole new team from NZ. Interesting to see the blend with the local lads who have been working their way through the grades.
Regardless will be big improvers with that much new talent on show

Yes that randwick team certainly has bought in a lot of new players from overseas. not like them really but to be honest, i think they need it after last season performance.

1. Easts
  2. Eastwood
  3. Sydney uni
  4. Souths
  5. Warringah
  6. Norths
  7. Randwick
  8. Manly
  9. Gordon
  10. 2Blues
  11. Wests

So many teams have a lot of new players and it will be interesting to see how they all settle in and unite as a group.

I think anyone in that top 8 could contest for those play off spots

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
How come there's 12 pages of comments on Subbies Rugby but only 8 on Shute Shield? Not being a smartass just curious. Logic makes me think it would be the other way around.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
A better variable would be how many teams in subbies?

"Hello hammer, meet nail"

You have approximately 50 clubs, a promotion relegation, operating budgets that make Shute Shield look like it's part of the EPL and an administration that has ranged between inept and indifferent, with the occasional bright flash, for many years.

Just like this thread theirs a bit of gossip, a lot of frustration and an unhealthy devotion/pride to their beloved clubs. Or at least an animosity to others like most people feel towards Sydney Uni;)

There's just so much more to talk about.:p

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
out of curiosity what is the operating budget of an average SS team? Are players getting paid? I'm from Brisbane and the SS is another step up in the small world of semi-professional//want to be pro club rugby.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Round 1, bring it on!
55917824_2355944677986555_7579956526786281472_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.