• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Silence before the battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
What de vok is going on. Not many posts before the suppose to be final. I am jealous as can be my beloved Bokke is not involved and have to be satisfied sharing the neutral vibe you lot have to endure during the WC semi & finals in 2007.

Tell us what are you expecting from this crunch final 3 nation game? Fear your team will get bashed, fear they will loose or expect your team will crunch the opposite?

Come on Wallabies & All Black supporters give us some TriNation spirit here! Time like this I sort of miss old CheeseHead.

Gooi hom!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I are keeping quiet because I'm expecting the wallabies to lose, but watch me go off if they get up!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Honestly, I've been thinking about this game every day for the last week. Just got nothing to say except I'm going to OFF if we win.

But we've definitely got a heart / head situation with this one.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thats the nice thing in our position but to be honest I think the Blacks will crunch the Wallabies in this test.

Myself hopelessly wrong all the way through the 3 Nations tipping. Can tip the provincial stuff but when it com to countries , hopeless because I cant go against my heart.

All I can say, enjoy it, winning or losings, still only a rugby test afterall.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
This game will be bigger than NTA's head. It needs no hype ! This is the calm before the storm..

I think we'll fire up. We always do after a major loss. Moore and Horwill, our forward leaders, are playing at home and will go completely apeshit. Even Pete Hynes is pumped. It will be all knees and elbows. We might just knock some sense into those mongoloid Kiwis. 5 forward reserves says it all. The pace will be fast and frenetic. Lote owes Richie another spear tackle. The place to pull them off is at home.

Wallabies are specials at pulling off a one off big game performance. We know all about the precious Kiwis and their choking under pressure. Graham Henry knows the noose is tightening. Half the Kiwis are lining up spots in France, they prefer trading yves saint laurent handbags to being on the receiving end of Wallaby violence. There'll be nowhere to hide come Saturday night.

Mortlock is a steam train at inside centre. None of this 2nd 5/8 finesse bullshit. Its like having another no8. Midfield will be pure carnage. And then there's Palu. A Tongan ticking timebomb. They don't need fireworks for this game - they have Palu.

Robbie Deans has saved his best material up his sleeve. Posters of Eddie Jones' head will adorn the dressing rooms to fuel the hate. Richie McCaw's secrets have been revealed.

Conservatively I'd say we'll win by about 32, assuming Giteau has a bad night with the boot and we slacken off a bit in the last 10 minutes with such a huge lead racked up.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
PB I posted this on TSF.

As a Wobs supporter I am worried about this because:

1. Scrum - its bad. Bench cover is limited. McMeniman is our reserve lock but cant scrummage. If Horwill is injured, the scrum will go to pieces when McMeniman comes on to lock with Sharpe.
2. Lineout - not sure how we have gone from having an internationally dominant lineout to having it obliterated in 2 of our last 3 tests, but there you go. This needs to improve but its the same lock pairing as in Auckland.
3. Backrow - Palu and Elsom worry me. So does McCaw. If the tight fives are evenly matched, I would love to see McCaw and Smith go hammer and tongs. I think McCaw is the best player on the planet at the moment but, as 7s, I dont think there is that much between him and Smith. We are all lucky to be able to watch them.
4. Cordingley - too old, too slow. Sheehan is combative but limited.
5. Giteau - an enigma and there is no 10 replacement if he is injured or having a shocker. I expect G. Smith will spend time at first receiver if Gits is injured. Although he doesnt have a kicking game (no George, you really dont), he has been used a first receiver in the past with some success.
6. Midfield - I suspect Mortlock's defensive display last week was mostly brought about by Tahu doing the wrong thing and not communicating on the inside. However, Morty isnt a 12. He doesnt have the hands or the fast feet. Cross will go ok at 13 but I still think this is a weakness for us.
7. Wings - Tuqiri is over rated. Hynes is over awed.

Oz reasons for hope:

1. We have won 2 of our last 4 against the ABs.
2. Its in Brisbane and we generally play well there.

Overall, I would say its a pretty paper thin Wallaby team. Bust through the front row and there is no depth on the bench. Bust through the second row and there is no depth on the bench. Bust through the halves and there is no depth on the bench. Mitchell is covering 11-15 by himself. Some of the starters are not of great quality and there isnt the class around them as there may have been in the past.

ABs by 80.

I am feeling slightly more confident now. ABs by 40.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cutter with all due respect, I'll never think my team will lose no matter who they play. I maybe expect a loss but deep down I always think they will win. 40 points drubbing. no ways, never. If it happen I'll go in depression state a bit longer but after a day I'll just move on. My family in my house know when they dont vok with me, maybe the only time they let me go and pray I get better. Thats when the Bokke lose, other then that they'll never mind.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Cutter said:
4. Cordingley - too old, too slow. Sheehan is combative but limited.
5. Giteau - an enigma and there is no 10 replacement if he is injured or having a shocker. I expect G. Smith will spend time at first receiver if Gits is injured. Although he doesnt have a kicking game (no George, you really dont), he has been used a first receiver in the past with some success.
6. Midfield - I suspect Mortlock's defensive display last week was mostly brought about by Tahu doing the wrong thing and not communicating on the inside. However, Morty isnt a 12. He doesnt have the hands or the fast feet. Cross will go ok at 13 but I still think this is a weakness for us.
7. Wings - Tuqiri is over rated. Hynes is over awed.

I am feeling slightly more confident now. ABs by 40.

In other words, our backs are shithouse. That's Ok, we'll just bully them up front, the rest will be easy.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Why even mention Palu's name? Stephen Moore aka DORAN (Demigod Of Rugby According to Naza) will clean up the entire AB 8 by himself....

A

Alis Choice

I'm bloody excited. I've got a bad feeling Robbie's planning an ambush

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
NTA said:
Why even mention Palu's name? Stephen Moore aka DORAN (Demigod Of Rugby According to Naza) will clean up the entire AB 8 by himself....

I hope not. He really needs to share and leave a little something for our 3 reserve loose forwards on the bench so they can savour some toasted Kiwi.

The All Blacks won't know what's hit them. They're expecting up and unders. We'll run it up all day and ram it down their throats. They will gag.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
naza said:
Robbie Deans has saved his best material up his sleeve. Posters of Eddie Jones' head will adorn the dressing rooms to fuel the hate. Richie McCaw's secrets have been revealed.

Conservatively I'd say we'll win by about 32, assuming Giteau has a bad night with the boot and we slacken off a bit in the last 10 minutes with such a huge lead racked up.

Yup a stunning piece of coaching to send you guys out the other week to be thrashed by 50 points.
Brilliant.

How did we ever let him go..

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Hold on... Four green, three red and a blue... These are LG's meds, not Naza's... :nta:

Oh, no. Someone's got confused again. Naza's off-meds and digressing.

I just hope no-one's given Lee sugar before the younger nurses get there, you know how he gets confused these day, and it's so embarrassing cleaning out the sugar bowl afterwards... ::)

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Virgil said:
naza said:

Yup a stunning piece of coaching to send you guys out the other week to be thrashed by 50 points.
Brilliant.

All part of the Rope a Dope tactics.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
PaarlBok said:
Cutter with all due respect, I'll never think my team will lose no matter who they play. I maybe expect a loss but deep down I always think they will win. 40 points drubbing. no ways, never. If it happen I'll go in depression state a bit longer but after a day I'll just move on. My family in my house know when they dont vok with me, maybe the only time they let me go and pray I get better. Thats when the Bokke lose, other then that they'll never mind.

I'm a bit more of a realist than that PB. The 40 points was tongue in cheek, but I didnt think we would win (and I was right).

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
naza said:
Virgil said:
naza said:

Brilliant.

All part of the Rope a Dope tactics.

Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.