• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Singing the Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)

Noticed during the Anthems last night, no lip movement from either Pocock or Samo. Perhaps they were physcing up in a different way?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Pretty certain there wasn't that many of us. But Lang park is turning into the best rugby ground in the country. We should make it our go to ground to intimidate opponents. It seems that ever bledisloe we have a few more Aussies in the crowd. Pretty soon the kiwis will stop feeling like it's a home game

A

Army_Gav

Each to their own. Samo looked like he was basking in it. Regardless of where they are born, bet they feel a huge honour to whack on the Gold and represent Australia.

chequebalance

Bill Watson (15)
I don't think I have seen Samo ever sing it? Pocock usually does though. Whatever ritual they were going through I hope they keep it up, they both had blinders!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'm not fussed on whether players sing the anthem or not.
They are there to play the game and I believe they can honour the national anthem in any way that doesn't disrepect it.

We don't need to go back to the Alan Jones days where they had singing lessons. And in addition TV broadcasters take note - never turn the microphone on the camera that passes down the line of players - as I said before, they are there to play the game and this isn't Australian Idol...

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Maybe we need some fans to sneak onto the field and help sing it:

[video=youtube;nj7mBO9G5qo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj7mBO9G5qo[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.