• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

South Coast Rugby Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Abit of an update on the start of the South Coast Comp - as mentioned Narooma did not have enough numbers to field a side this year - Batemans Bay though have created a "2nds" side called Bay Red - some Narooma players have been spread out across the comp from what I have heard though.

The conference system with the 2nd Div Monaro Comp has not moved forward but from what I have heard is def happening next year - which 1. will bring alot more life back into the "South Coast Comp" with more teams and 2. of course strength player development in the South Coast and bring them closer in the Brumbies Provincial Championships to Monaro and Southern Inland.

It has been an interesting start to the season - Milton and Batemans Bay Boars are clear front runners at the moment - Bombala are always late comers to the comp - from the looks of things Broulee could really struggle this year - heard numbers are down - unsure if players have retired, gone to different codes or even be playing/filling the numbers in the Bay.

Milton look like a TOTALLY different side than last year - not sure what has happened down there but it is fairly surprising the players they have and the strength they are shoing with 2 big wins. The real test/and a real look at where they are at is when they play Batemans Bay Boars in Round 4. They do have Bombala at home this weekend though - Bombala are always alot stronger and can beat any side on the day when they are at home.

Great news about the Brumbies Provincial Championships and them playing at Bruce before the Brumbies - last year they ended up playing MONTHS later at RMC on one of the back ovals.

Round 1 -

Milton 71 - Broulee 3

Batemans Bay Boars 52 - Bombala 24

Batemans Bay Red - BYE

Round 2 -

Milton 57 - Batemans Bay Red 22

Batemans Bay Boars 54 - Broulee 0

Bombala - BYE

Batemans Bay Boars V Broulee Photo Gallery -

http://www.batemansbaypost.com.au/story/2273571/mega-gallery-old-rivals-lock-horns/?cs=230

Round 3 games (This weekend) -

Bombala V Milton - @ Bombala
Broulee V Bay Red - @ Broulee

Batemans Bay Boars - BYE

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Lonnnnng weekend for the South Coast Marlins team @ the Brumbies Provincial Championships -

Monaro 74 - South Coast Marlins 19 (Saturday game)

Southern Inland 115 - South Coast Marlins 0 (Sunday game)
Not a good weekend for the South Coast - unsure if players didn't want to travel, had other things on or if the other teams have simply improved from last year - really not good signs for the South Coast guys - maybe having pretty much a 4 team comp has hurt them abit this year.

Next year I am guessing the comp will be somewhere in the Southern Inland - If not South Australia?? - if this is the case we might not even see a South Coast team play.

I think the South Coast guys joining the Monaro comp will do a lot for the development and skill level - even if it does take a couple years for the SC teams to get on the same level.

I really hope the comp can find another team apart from the Bay (even though its great to see them having 2 sides) to join the comp again next year - fingers crossed Narooma will be able to pull a side together - may look unlikely though as some of their guys are now playing for Milton - so they may feel content in simply playing for them.

Recent results from the South Coast comp -

Round 3 -

Broulee 24 - Batemans Bay Red 19
Milton 34 - Bombala 17

Batemans Bay Boars - BYE

Round 4 -

Batemans Bay Boars 47 - Milton 24
Batemans Bay Red 45 - Bombala 24

Broulee - BYE

Round 5 Preview -

Broulee V Bombala
Batemans Bay Boars V Batemans Bay Red

Milton - BYE

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Mick McTaggart has put together a quick write up for the Brumbies Provincial Match tomorrow night at Canberra Stadium. Should be a tight encounter, the Provincial Team have got the wood over the Police, but they matches have all been very tight.

From what I have seen of the Police outfit, the starting XV are all very handy, but chinks appear in their armour later in the game when it comes time to sub on some reserves. This should be a cracker of a game if you're heading over to watch the Brumbies get up over the Force tomorrow night!

http://southerninland.rugbynet.com.au/default.asp?id=206851

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I’m down the South Coast this weekend staying at Mollymook /Milton.

Anyone know if the Milton Platypi are playing at home on Saturday the 19th of May?

Status
Not open for further replies.