• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2023

Bubba 2.0

Stan Wickham (3)
I seemed to have missed something here ?

Congratulations to Tahs and Nick and his coaching staff. Well done on the win and it was deserved . We had our chances and didn’t convert them and at the end of the day it was Tahs defence that won that game .
I will not lie in saying that it hurt but that is footy . There’s always a winner and always a loser . I think our achievements of the last four seasons have been immense and we are proud of that regardless of a GF loss . The feed back from players back at the pub Saturday night was that they would all be backing up and wanting to make amends .

Give it a month or two and we can start talking 2024 !

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
For what it’s worth, it was a great day from my perspective with good quality rugby. But I can guarantee a few of the City players were definitely giving it to the Tahs player. Particularly when the Tahs fluffed the in goal force of the ball and then the following drop out. Having said that, it wasn’t anything out of the ordinary - but when you do try and get under a players skin like that, you need to make sure you win.

wal

Frank Row (1)
Congratulations to all winners on Saturday , As a city old boy it did hurt to see the better team win on the day.
Full credit to Lachlan day , city fans threw the kitchen sink at him and he stood tall when it counted .
To the referees thank you for doing what is arguably a tough job .

I do think a change is needed at the top , i am unsure of what the future looks like for siru moving foward . I for one would welcome a president from out of wagga , i could be wrong but the last couple have been from wagga clubs and i think a fresh perspective would be welcomed

Now the elephant in the room …. connolly rugby park . We had a pretty good crowd on saturday and the one complaint that was heard was the state of the amenities , As a member of the club hosting on saturday its embarrassing to here the comments , Forget about field 4 and bulldoze what is there and rebuild to a standard the likes of tumut or cootamundra or even griffith . How much longer can we continue to host grand finals there ?(i understand how the gf ground is awarded )

bring on 2024

wal

Frank Row (1)
not the first and won’t be the last time someone thinks about what they’ve said on here PB.
I missed it also.

I just got through the ladies game from Saturday. What a cracker of a game. The standard and skill in our ladies comp is growing every week.

the games are played in such great spirit
Agreed great games most week , i am unsure how they plan to go to 15 a side next year , do we have the numbers comp wide ? or will it be if you have 15 each you decide on the day ?

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Why not leave 10s as is Wal re girls game. Seems entertaining and successful. Here at Griffith we don’t have a designated Rugby ground. The Sporties as it’s known Wal is really for AFL and cricket. I even think the great dressing shed/ canteen/lights facilities that we have at the ground were 50% paid for by the national AFL body. Supporting their sport at a grass roots level. Not spending 1.6 million on one player currently playing another sport.

wal

Frank Row (1)
Why not leave 10s as is Wal re girls game. Seems entertaining and successful. Here at Griffith we don’t have a designated Rugby ground. The Sporties as it’s known Wal is really for AFL and cricket. I even think the great dressing shed/ canteen/lights facilities that we have at the ground were 50% paid for by the national AFL body. Supporting their sport at a grass roots level. Not spending 1.6 million on one player currently playing another sport.
totally agree , i think the ultimate would be for siru to get the women’s game to 15 a side to align with canberra and sydney thus making the rep system an easier transfer of skills and talent . I am however concerned what the playing numbers would be like if Group 9 ever move to a fully fledged tackle competition , that would put a serious strain on our women’s competition especially within the female juniors given the ease of exposure of the nrlw .