• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks v All Blacks, Ellis Park 25/7/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Should be a good game.

Think Lambie should start at 15 ahead of le Roux with le Roux on the bench and then to spring a surprise Heyneke must include the man who has had much success against the All Blacks by starting Heinrich Brussouw (I'm not that big a fan of him but maybe it helps psychologically although I doubt it).

Burger, Brussouw and Lambie have all pretty much secured victory for the Boks. Burger in 2008 in Dunedin making 3 tackles in the space of what must have been a minute or less to hold on for the Victory - heck, he almost managed to save a try this past weekend. Brussouw with his pilfering and purely his success % against the ABs and Lambie with last year's final kick.

Oh and Pollard has also caused some trouble so keep him at 10.

Maybe even move Willie to the wing.

Yeah, I know, I'm clutching at straws here.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Flip van de Merwe has made himself available to cover for Coetzee & Matfield: what chance Meyer will take him up on the offer? Seem to recall there being some bad blood around his "retirement" from Test footy?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ell-coetzee-injury-doubts-for-all-blacks-test

EDIT: seems they already have:

"The Springboks have called Flip van der Merwe into their squad but are sweating over the fitness of Victor Matfield and Marcell Coetzee for Saturday's clash with New Zealand."

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_63943,00.html

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Should be a good game.

Think Lambie should start at 15 ahead of le Roux with le Roux on the bench and then to spring a surprise Heyneke must include the man who has had much success against the All Blacks by starting Heinrich Brussouw (I'm not that big a fan of him but maybe it helps psychologically although I doubt it).

Burger, Brussouw and Lambie have all pretty much secured victory for the Boks. Burger in 2008 in Dunedin making 3 tackles in the space of what must have been a minute or less to hold on for the Victory - heck, he almost managed to save a try this past weekend. Brussouw with his pilfering and purely his success % against the ABs and Lambie with last year's final kick.

Oh and Pollard has also caused some trouble so keep him at 10.

Maybe even move Willie to the wing.

Yeah, I know, I'm clutching at straws here.

Read it was Pollard who made that kick:http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...acklash-from-wounded-springboks-at-ellis-park

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thanks for opening this one Ulrich. They dont come bigger then Bok vs Black, do they? Hope the Bokke will perform better then last week, nothing more.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Agree Paarl, nothing gets my juices flowing like a AB/Bok test. doesn't matter what you buggers say is wrong with Bok team, I always nervous!!

It's the southern hemisphere match I always look forward to the most, always seems to provide a real cracker of a game. Plus that 'always nervous' feeling is how I get when England play France. Doesn't matter their form, they always pull something big out for us, must be how kiwi's feel about the boks.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Boks will have a good chance back in the Republic if Meyer doesn't have another substitution brain fart. Still in shock why he pulled du Plessis off

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ which one? Both drags were so left-field they had to be pre-meditated. Doubt he'll make the same mistake twice.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Bok side - Heinrich Brussow back (damn)

15 Willie le Roux, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Handré Pollard, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Schalk Burger ©, 7 Francois Louw, 6 Heinrich Brüssow, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Beast Mtawarira.
Subs: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Trevor Nyakane, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Flip van der Merwe, 20 Warren Whiteley, 21 Cobus Reinach, 22 Pat Lambie, 23 Cornal Hendricks.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Wow.

Brussow.

Never though I'd see that name in a bok setup again.

Problem is that it's a very unbalanced back row. Two short opensides and Schalk is a hybrid as it is.

They will keep Richie busy all night, that's for sure.

It is potentially the weakest Bok line out in a very long time. We are used to at least two very good line out options in the back row, Now we have Schalk who is on the short side. And a rookie calling it. Ouch.

But injuries forced this team. There are no other options in the back row or at lock.

Only other gripe is Reinach. Why? He is crap.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Maybe he was just trying to give his reserve bench as much game time as possible in case they were needed to start in the RWC. Would seem a reasonable ploy to me.
That's exactly the point I believe.

Some won't make it to RWC time but it's best they get *some* game time within the setup so as to not be completely foreign in case a call-up is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.