• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby R4 Reds v Blues

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
You’d have to think McCreight and Uru are either being rested or dropped for disciplinary reasons because it sure as hell can’t be due to form.

Reactions: TSR

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
The Mcreight and Uru thing is probably more rotation than being dropped. Wallis is an animal, had 3 or 4 outstanding seasons for Uni so is may be getting selected as a reward for his relentless toil. Apparently has a reputation for bringing big physicality from team bin juice at Reds training.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
The Mcreight and Uru thing is probably more rotation than being dropped. Wallis is an animal, had 3 or 4 outstanding seasons for Uni so is may be getting selected as a reward for his relentless toil. Apparently has a reputation for bringing big physicality from team bin juice at Reds training.

I suppose if there was ever a good time to give some of the fringe players coming through some game time it would be now. Was also impressed with Wallis when UQ played Easts & I believe I also saw him in the South’s game.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
You’d have to think McCreight and Uru are either being rested or dropped for disciplinary reasons because it sure as hell can’t be due to form.
Thorn very clear unhappy with the finishers in his post match interview against the chiefs. I wonder if sending a message but I can’t recall either these players having a shocker and for most of season been form players so maybe more rotation (especially given well out of the picture for the final)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thorn very clear unhappy with the finishers in his post match interview against the chiefs. I wonder if sending a message but I can’t recall either these players having a shocker and for most of season been form players so maybe more rotation (especially given well out of the picture for the final)

More a case that they had a 30 point lead and nearly blew it?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Out of the two who were dropped, I don’t think they were the replacements guilty of underperforming
Fraser has gone from getting voted Man of the Match in the Super AU Final to being benched for the opening game of the TT Comp, to not in the match day squad.

Wright has definitely lifted in his absence and playing some very good footy, but still all a little strange.

Wouldn’t wish an injury on anyone , but almost hope there is something going on in that department with Fraser, otherwise a big fall from grace.

Could be rested/rotation maybe , but that would probably only explain the first week, not what has happened since?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Maybe they want him to get 80mins in club land, over the past month with the bye round, and a couple of weeks off he hasn’t played much Rugby.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Maybe they want him to get 80mins in club land, over the past month with the bye round, and a couple of weeks off he hasn’t played much Rugby.
Yes because they benched him and now not in the team, before that was regularly playing the full 80mins

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

I hope McReight is back in clubland this weekend.

It would be a tasty pilfering duel between Fraser and Giquel (GPS)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Fraser has gone from getting voted Man of the Match in the Super AU Final to being benched for the opening game of the TT Comp, to not in the match day squad.

Wright has definitely lifted in his absence and playing some very good footy, but still all a little strange.

Wouldn’t wish an injury on anyone , but almost hope there is something going on in that department with Fraser, otherwise a big fall from grace.

Could be rested/rotation maybe , but that would probably only explain the first week, not what has happened since?

Wright is the captain and his form is fine. You rarely if ever need an open side flanker on the bench.

Makes sense to me.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I have theory on McReight for this game especially.

I wonder if the thinking with resting/rotating McReight in this game especially is wanting more physicality - to me in the SRTT it looks like he could use some more bulking up.

The Blues probably provide the biggest physical challenge of all the NZ teams with the size and power of their forwards especially and it sounds like this Wallis might bring more physicality from the bench.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Wright is the captain and his form is fine. You rarely if ever need an open side flanker on the bench.

Makes sense to me.
Would normally agree, but Wallis will really only play at open side when/if he comes on.

He has played the last few years as a #8 for UQ, but this year has switched to #7.

He is a bigger body than Fraser , but not by much and won’t offer any more flexibility in the back row rotations than what Fraser does.

Reactions: dru