• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby R4 Reds v Blues

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
I would say the McReight absence is purely a rotation policy. He has played a lot of minutes this season. He is still QLD's best 7 by a fair margin. We all know that. I'm surprised he's playing for Brothers, if that is in fact true. Should be given a week off to rest.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Thorn confirms that Uru & McReight were dropped with specific things to each work on:
"Seru, I've been trying to challenge him around his physicality," Thorn told reporters.
"He is an outstanding football player but there's the physical side of the football game as well. It's not touch football. If he gets that physical side of the game, he can be a great player because he has all that other stuff."
"No one works harder than Fraser. His work ethic around the park is phenomenal but the defensive side of the game is something he needs to put some work into."

Which is interesting because I had Fraser leading the tackle stats. Shows you it's not all numbers hey. Maybe it's positioning?

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Thorn confirms that Uru & McReight were dropped with specific things to each work on:

Which is interesting because I had Fraser leading the tackle stats. Shows you it's not all numbers hey. Maybe it's positioning?

See what he’s saying about Seru. Tough to pinpoint only Fraser on defense as I can’t recall any notable continuous misses. Would have thought there’d be others first on the chopping block for defensive reasons (but I suppose can’t really fault Wright or Scott-Young on that either).

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Haven’t see anything glaring in his game, but in terms of stats you can look at someone like Tizzano who was making a mountain of tackles, but had a habit of missing critical tackles in his channel off a set piece which resulted in tries. The guy can tackle, but was perhaps a bit too over exuberant and lacking positioning at times.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Fraser it could be a lack of dominant tackles? It's one thing to make tackles, it's another to make effective/dominant tackles.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Unfortunately for Uru , Easts have the bye this weekend.

Could mean another week on the sidelines.

Look out whoever Easts play the following week , Seru is working on his physicality!

Agree with you Marbig and Dctarget, would not have picked Fraser's defence as being a problem. Maybe his positioning in ruck defence if anything, but not his one on one tackling ability.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Unfortunately for Uru , Easts have the bye this weekend.

Could mean another week on the sidelines.

Look out whoever Easts play the following week , Seru is working on his physicality!

Agree with you Marbig and Dctarget, would not have picked Fraser's defence as being a problem. Maybe his positioning in ruck defence if anything, but not his one on one tackling ability.

But maybe shows how little we actually know/see when we watch tv.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes do miss a lot on TV as when at leichardt last week watching rebels game as close to the ground and when in particular playing near side line where I was seated observed a lot. In particular how kiwi team were so much quicker on the ball and ruck speed early in the game where Rebels lost turnover ball simply because they were not sharp enough / fast enough. They improved as game went on but consistent message to me that kiwis start game fast and build up early lead as play faster game. Also observed how much work Wells does and particularly defensively that was very impressed that would never have fully appreciated if watching on TV.

To me key reflection skills wise aussie teams should have learned from this TT is learn to do everything faster - particular at breakdown and rucks, in getting to, and securing possession.....as that is where kiwi teams are killing us.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
"T-minus 11 hours until ignition sequence start on Operation Auckland Blues Suncorp Graveyard Scorched-Earth Carpet-Bomb Murder-March ​Boom Chucka Lucka Bonus Point #666.

Boosters, stable.

Valves, stable.

Weather's looking real nice up here Houston, all systems are a go.

675318041nasa-shuttle-taking-off-gif.gif

Houston: "Checking command modules".
Dismal: "Guidance is internal".
KiwiMurph: "Go".
Sully: "Hey Dismal, go f
Z.Er0: "Godspeed the vortex".
Rugby Reg: "Zandorrrr".
Z.Er0: "Zero".
Rugby Reg: "Zongooorrrr".
Drewprint: "Zarn".
Rugby Reg: "Zooropa".
W.Oldboy: "Go f
Adam54: "This is bloody stupi
Rugby Reg: "Zorro".

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
at least we'll see Henry kick.

Fascinating what happens now. Hegary to 10? But who plays 15 if Jock is injured? Grealy? Stewart? Filipo?

Let's go Daugunu!!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'm too focused on the Kiwi teams being a foot or two offside to see anything else!!

;) Which just reinforces my point!:p

Actually was a bit disappointed with a mate, he is who I used to got to Suncorp (and club rugby) when I was there. Talking to him after the Crusaders/Reds match he asked if I saw where Reece had caught the ball on tv. as he jumped into play from a Reds penalty. Said the AR was facing other way, but whole crowd got stuck into him about it.
I did say,Um mate, it is quite legal what happened, and if you don't know how little the reds crowd know about offside laws, or most laws you have,'t been taking notice over the years!!:p:D

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not confusing for anyone with half a brain, you can jump and catch a ball as long as you land in the field of play!:rolleyes:
I agree I not keen on them, but pretty easy to understand.

fish59

Frank Nicholson (4)
;) Which just reinforces my point!:p

Actually was a bit disappointed with a mate, he is who I used to got to Suncorp (and club rugby) when I was there. Talking to him after the Crusaders/Reds match he asked if I saw where Reece had caught the ball on tv. as he jumped into play from a Reds penalty. Said the AR was facing other way, but whole crowd got stuck into him about it.
I did say,Um mate, it is quite legal what happened, and if you don't know how little the reds crowd know about offside laws, or most laws you have,'t been taking notice over the years!!:p:D

I thought his foot was still on the ground in touch when he caught it when I was at the game but haven't seen any clear video to confirm - the AR was watching the ball go over his head and by the time he turned around Reece was in the air. Just another example of everything going the Crusaders way on the night - as well as playing pretty well!