• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby RD 8: Rebels v Force

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Shaping up to be an annual grudge match, certainly wasn't lacking in intensity in the first game in Perth. Probably the game I get most anxious about, Rebels can't claim underdog status here.

Rebels could look quite different here with Orr, Naisarani, Wilkin and Magnay training. Imagine the XV would stay the same but the bench should look remarkably improved.

Force need to win this to keep their season alive I'd imagine.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yes, we need to win this one, beat the Tahs and hope you lose to them. I'm not counting my lucky stars.

What is the bet it will be another <7 nailbiter?

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
At the very least the Force need to correct the losing trend to the Rebels. The last game against the Brumbies lacked focus so I hope they come out and put together a complete game which is something we haven't seen this year. Hoping to see Kahui back from concussion protocols, outside chance for Godwin via the bench but think we may miss Kearney and Pulu.

The Force have nothing to lose so should get a good dose of Anstee and Olowofela who may provide the X-factor to get over the line.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
EyWhs8bUUAcHxeA

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
REBELS (1-15): Cabous Eloff, James Hanson, Pone Faamausili, Rob Leota, Trevor Hosea, Josh Kemeny, Richard Hardwick, Michael Wells, Joe Powell, Matt To'omua (c), Marika Koroibete, Lewis Holland, Stacey Ili, Frank Lomani, Reece Hodge
Reserves: Jordan Uelese, Matt Gibbon, Lucio Sordoni, Steve Cummins, Brad Wilkin, James Tuttle, Tom Pincus, Jeral Skelton

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Leota at 4! That's risky. Also, bit of a fuck you to Cummins with a non-lock starting a head of him.
Holland gets a first start at inside centre, didn't realise that's what they saw him as. Hodge gets to finally make a case for Wallaby 15. Hanson starts with Uelese on the pine. Wilkin is back too.

With Leota, Kemney, Hardwick & Wells all on the field at the same time I expect the breakdown to be an absolute misery for the Force.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Force ring the changes with Miotti finally getting a start against the Rebels. Guess Sampson has decided bugger the future, gotta win right now and that's not McIntyre.

Apparently an entire new backline, nice little Puma spine too of 8. Lezana 9. Cubelli 10. Miotti. Can't say they're not accustomed to each other. Pretty exciting team. I think Force might be favourites here.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Liking some of those selections for the Force, but not others. Great to see Miotti finally given a crack and interesting that it's straight into starting at 10. Not sure about our coverage at 10 and 15 if him or Macgregor goes down though.
Thought Lance did pretty well when required to come on early against the Brumbies and would feel much better having him on the bench as cover, but perhaps him and Kearney are both injured?

Frustrating to not have Anstee starting and to see Taefu dumped from the 23 altogether yet again, despite performing well in the last couple of games when finally given a decent opportunity. He's been much better than Kuridrani for mine.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
With Leota (190) 4, Hosea (203) 5 and Kemeny (193) 6 against Thrush (198) 4, Timani (203) 5 and Lee-Warner (198) 6 I feel like we will be taking a risk. Force will know exactly where we are going to throw every line out ball

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Don't know if he's started at lock since his school boy days, but back then he was deadly in the 2nd row.
I have really liked his progression this year. I rate him I just feel he is a bit short for the role at super rugby level

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Leota deserves a start has played really well this year just feel he may be a bit undersized at 4

Agree you cant have him miss out but I don't think he is a lock, here's hoping for not many scrums lol

I've said it prob 10 times now, does anyone at all have any idea whats going on with Isi? named in the wallabies squad & 8 rounds in zero game time.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Agree you cant have him miss out but I don't think he is a lock, here's hoping for not many scrums lol

I've said it prob 10 times now, does anyone at all have any idea whats going on with Isi? named in the wallabies squad & 8 rounds in zero game time.
Still injured I would say, makes it hard there has to be some other level of rugby you can play. Even if they just have super rugby reserves

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Still injured I would say, makes it hard there has to be some other level of rugby you can play. Even if they just have super rugby reserves

yeah just a scratch match v the brumby runners at albury just to get some time into some of the guys missing out would be handy

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Interesting selections from both sides - lezana at 8 interesting but international backrower so good to see him on the field. Interested to also see how leota goes at 4 and Holland at 12. Had a lot of recent success with seven converts with anstee and Andersen so do wonder if Holland could make the grade in xv game.