• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby RD 8: Rebels v Force

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Amazing how so many Rebels and Force matches are decided by 7 points or less.

If you look at the points differential in the last 4 or 5 games its been coming down in favour of the Force. Tonight we got up by 1. Not sure how, but good things happen with effort, not always good coaching. Something to build on with a tough finish to the season. Still plenty to play for, for both teams.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Honestly lost to a team that didn’t even look like winning. Rebels tactics bizarre and incompetent. Potentially the worst game I have every watched. Two teams that should be docked points for that game

You must have a different method of determining good games.

I would take that game over Brumbies v Tahs from earlier in the season. A close contest where all aspects of the game were pretty even, no silly errors or lack of skill that led to easy tries.

Not the greatest game, but I quite enjoyed it, good battle of the scrums, forwards and backs evenly matched and both sides desperate for a win.

I don't think bonus points should be available to a team that does not score a try.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Sometimes it's just good to win ugly!
And - recognise a strong defensive effort.

And it is a sign of a team that is improving.

I don't see the Rebels or Tahs having a chance against an NZ team, but the Force may just sneak a win. They are actually getting better.....slowly

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Won’t deny I’m negative on the Force and their squad, I’ve made that clear all year.

Tell me, as an Australian rugby fan, which Force players am I supposed to be excited about after tonight?
All of them, the force have turned around a season where they did not win a single game and have become competitive with a team that came close to beating the Reds, an undefeated team.

Tonights game is good for Super Rugby AU as it now means there are four teams capable of winning games.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Won’t deny I’m negative on the Force and their squad, I’ve made that clear all year.

Tell me, as an Australian rugby fan, which Force players am I supposed to be excited about after tonight?

The Force as we always have been offer opportunities to players. Tim Anstee, massive potential, no one else was giving him a go but we have given him the exposure and he could be anything in the 15 game. Katu,u, needs to work on his throws but is great around the park in general play. Lee-Warner, Koteka. They may not be first choice for the Wallabies but they are getting experience and presenting as options. That's all you can ask outside of your own insular views. Rugby's an Australia wide game mate. Sorry if you just want it like the good old days.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
The last five minutes were interesting.

Hodges kick off was the best kick in Super AU this season, the perfect restart, the Force attempt to end the game was the worst kick in Super AU this season.

The rest of the season is now very interesting. Red and Brumbies fight out for the home finals and the Rebels and Force fight for third place and a chance to make the playoff.

Rebels are one point ahead of the Force

Rd 9 - Force v Tahs at home and Rebels at home to Brumbies (Force and Brumbies to win for me)
Rd 10 - Force at home to Reds and Tahs at home to Rebels (Reds and Rebels to win for me)

It appears that the bonus point advantage to the Rebels could get them home as I think they will both get one win each.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
The Force as we always have been offer opportunities to players. Tim Anstee, massive potential, no one else was giving him a go but we have given him the exposure and he could be anything in the 15 game. Katu,u, needs to work on his throws but is great around the park in general play. Lee-Warner, Koteka. They may not be first choice for the Wallabies but they are getting experience and presenting as options. That's all you can ask outside of your own insular views. Rugby's an Australia wide game mate. Sorry if you just want it like the good old days.

Is that why your starting 8,9,10 were Argentinian? Big opportunities for Aussie players.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Defence wins games. That was the fucken ugliest game I've watched in a while. Force were junk with the ball, Rebels were junk with the ball, ref was whistle happy.

How badly hurt was Hodge? Looked awful from the stands.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Worst game of rugby I have had the misfortune of watching in my life. Credit to the Force but we were deadset pathetic.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Defence wins games. That was the fucken ugliest game I've watched in a while. Force were junk with the ball, Rebels were junk with the ball, ref was whistle happy.

How badly hurt was Hodge? Looked awful from the stands.

You mean To'omua?

Edit: sorry just saw Reg's post in the Rebels thread, what happened? I didn't see it.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
A positive for the Rebels was Leota in the 2nd row. Didn't really change how he played either, just made good metres and hit tackles hard.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Rebels supporters please pass on my condolences to Joe Barker, Boe Jarker or any of his other trolling FB accounts.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Not the best game. Murphy seemed to let the ball go at the end. Plenty of penalties against the rebels that didn't get called. Western force defence and determination won that game