• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 6: Waratahs v Reds

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Roles reversed from the old days, when the Reds would lift only for the Tah's. Tah's will be up for this one and the Reds will have to be on top of their game to win. Remember last year, that was embarrassing and where the Reds lost the comp, in my eyes.

I'd start TT on the bench, can bring him on when required.

One of Hegerty and Stewart need to fall off the bench, in my eyes they add little and we only need one of them.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
One of Hegerty and Stewart need to fall off the bench, in my eyes they add little and we only need one of them.

What was the go when Hegarty came on for Paisami? A broadcast is often not great for being able to view the whole back line to see the shuffle and it left me utterly baffled.

I think saying Hegarty and Stewart add little is harsh. They both have plenty to contribute. Whether it is enough to squeeze this backline is a different question, but they both contribute heaps.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Nonggorr definitely needs game time. The last two games needed our best guys to win unfortunately. I'd be tempted to do what Reg suggested and start him. Having said that I actually have no idea how Nonggorr is progressing but he does have an impressive moustache.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nonggorr sent back to clubland if the bubble isn't going ahead, now that Ruan Smith has had a few weeks under his belt with the squad, you would expect him to be the preferred replacement.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Hegarty dropped the ball with the line open. He's never made a Super role his own and I think he's a squad player at best. I'm hopeful we find someone who can cover 10 off the bench, with the aim of taking over from JOC (James O'Connor). I have high hopes for Lynagh but he's probably a few years off.

Stewart seems to have forgotten how to pass this year, was hitting form last year so I'm pretty disappointed in what he's delivered this year. I accept this may be what he's being told to do.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I rate both of them, but they seem to cover the same position. An outside back would make more sense I would think.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think Hegarty is the next best 10 and 15 in the squad(from a consistency perspective, not potential), whilst Stewart is the next best 12.

With those 3 positions covered, they can shift the other players around outside of them.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I guess you have a point Adam. I'd just like to have someone of the bench who has more impact, and has a future as a 10 (I understand this is a big ask).

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Reds need to front up and destroy the Waratahs in the first 20 mins to stop them getting a sniff, otherwise they're in with a shot. But ultimately I think the Tahs defence is just way too leaky for the reds not to win

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
My suggested Tahs side:
Bell, Porecki, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Caird, Wykes, Swinton, Tizzano, Dempsey, Grant, Harrison, Ramm, Foketi, Perese, Newsome, Maddocks
Res: Horton, Faulkner, Breen, Williams, Sinclair, Robertson, Edmed, Mark N (Nawaqanitawase).
Let's keep the Reds out of triple figures!!!!

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
My suggested Tahs side:
Bell, Porecki, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Caird, Wykes, Swinton, Tizzano, Dempsey, Grant, Harrison, Ramm, Foketi, Perese, Newsome, Maddocks
Res: Horton, Faulkner, Breen, Williams, Sinclair, Robertson, Edmed, Mark N (Nawaqanitawase).
Let's keep the Reds out of triple figures!!!!

The Tahs are forfeiting??

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
is Ramm and out and out winger? has he played any 13 or fullback? I'd be tempted with him at 13 (at least ahead of Perese)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Swinton & Dempsey out

201007webstgeorgewilso.jpg