• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 6: Waratahs v Reds

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
The guy under most pressure here will be the scorer!
I guess Sinclair and Harris come in at 6 and 8 respectively.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
You’d think this will force Wykes to start in the row, Sinclair to 6 who has been ok and Harris coming in could actually be an upgrade.

Yeah, Harris has a load of potential but is continually getting injuries that stop him getting consistent game time

They will do OK, but who comes onto the bench will be the issue

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Be nice if the Reds front row pushed straight this week and JOC (James O'Connor) stopped dropping back to FB, Jock is much better under the high ball and his clearance kicks are as good if not better anyways.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok, I think given the number of injuries to the Tahs the Reds need to go full strength. We can't afford to take them lightly and so need to set the intent from the start (and all week).

If things go well and we get a good lead, then we can bring on the Zonggors, Urus, Sorovis, Stewarts, Smiths, Hegartys etc and they should be able to keep the momentum going over whomever manages to get on the tahs bench.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Yeah, Harris has a load of potential but is continually getting injuries that stop him getting consistent game time

They could have done a lot worse than pulling Pat Sio into the squad, IMHO.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
They could have done a lot worse than pulling Pat Sio into the squad, IMHO.

SS players may have the talent, but part time players aren't the answer as the don't have the training load to compete

I would guess Jeremy Williams, Harris and Sinclair will share time in the backrow and we will bring in one of our dud locks (Whetton :( )

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Had a lot of time for Harris at 8 in the U20s. But, his development at Super level doesn't seem to match any of Wilson, McReight, Frost, Bell or Lolesio. Injuries no doubt have an impact, but to me he looks to be quite lazy on the field. Really doesn't seem to have much zing around the park.

I'll take a particular interest in Saturday's game, if he is in the team, to see if there is anything to my impressions.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Had a lot of time for Harris at 8 in the U20s. But, his development at Super level doesn't seem to match any of Wilson, McReight, Frost, Bell or Lolesio. Injuries no doubt have an impact, but to me he looks to be quite lazy on the field. Really doesn't seem to have much zing around the park.

I'll take a particular interest in Saturday's game, if he is in the team, to see if there is anything to my impressions.
Frost hasn't done heaps, yet.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
1. Dane Zander – Norths
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Ryan Smith* – Brothers
5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
7. Fraser McReight – Brothers
8. Seru Uru – Easts
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. James O’Connor – Brothers ©
11. Filipo Daugunu – Wests
12. Hunter Paisami – Wests
13. Jordan Petaia – Wests
14. Suliasi Vunivalu – Wests
15. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Richie Asiata – Easts
18. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University
19. Harry Wilson – Brothers
20. Sam Wallis** – University of Queensland
21. Kalani Thomas** – University of Queensland
22. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
23. Bryce Hegarty - GPS

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Injuries have kept him from building game time and getting into the Super Rugby rhythm

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tahs.PNG