• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 7: Rebels v Reds

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I thought that was a good game. Reds very good - put plenty of pressure and took their chances is attack. Some very good one on one battles. Rebels certainly didn’t lie down.

Was a quality game I thought.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Impressive that the Reds can have arguably their two best players, Petaia & Wilson, have quiet games and still be so damaging.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I thought the Reds only got into about third gear. Couple of really poor decisions from the Rebels flattered the scoreline with those intercept passes.

The top 3 teams in this competiton are going to make for good Wallabies squad creation.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Fantastic game to watch from a reds supporter point of view. Petaia was not good in the back three had a night to forget, Hodge is slow as fuck, Marika was quiet too thankfully as he is a handful even for the best defensive wingers. Speaking of Lomani had a great game stepping back in all night and making some of the best defensive readers look ordinary. I was worried about all the positional changes from the Reds but they played very well particularly in defence.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For people wondering how Wright will come back into the side, pretty straight forward. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) will be goooooneeee. Made 5 errors in the first half alone.

I think the main problem with ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is he seems to do a lot of not much........ sort of Ned Hanigan-lite, but at least Ned was a pretty good Super Rugby player.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Missed them. What were they?
Admittedly I’m quite pedantic with ASY (Angus Scott-Young), I think he’s a classic toiler that is overrated by Reds faithful - so I followed him quite closely tonight (for the first half).

- leading up to the Paisami intercept, he was switched off in a ruck and got blown away by Uelese for their turn over (which led to the Paisami intercept)

- Hosea beat him in the air on his own L/O

- ASY (Angus Scott-Young) got outrucked by Powell alone, not one for his highlights

- Hardwick gets a turnover in a ruck with ASY (Angus Scott-Young) there defending in effectively

- Cummins picks off ASY (Angus Scott-Young) for the 2nd time that night on his own L/O

All in one half!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
And that’s meant to be his speciality, the not pretty in tight, hard yards. But he was outclassed by Kemney & Leota when he came on.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Aha I’m a reds fan every day of the year except when they play the Rebels. I think this about ASY (Angus Scott-Young) even with my reds hat on.

Whilst I don’t disagree that Wright is easily ahead of ASY (Angus Scott-Young) on field per your earlier post, I think ASY (Angus Scott-Young) adds a lot of intangibles to the side. His effort is always 100% and a follow me attitude.

He doesn’t have to be the best, he’s a bit of a ‘glue guy’ as well by the looks. Does some cool shirts for the boys. They love him. He’s a good piece in the Red squads.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Whilst I don’t disagree that Wright is easily ahead of ASY (Angus Scott-Young) on field per your earlier post, I think ASY (Angus Scott-Young) adds a lot of intangibles to the side. His effort is always 100% and a follow me attitude.

He doesn’t have to be the best, he’s a bit of a ‘glue guy’ as well by the looks. Does some cool shirts for the boys. They love him. He’s a good piece in the Red squads.

I don't doubt that he's got a great engine and probably trains the house down, I just think he's ineffective. But it's a moot point because he's a fine Super player and I don't think anyone has seriously advocated higher honours for him.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
The Powell omission from the Wallabies PONI squad is perplexing to me. As evidenced by his performance tonight where he was very varied and clever in attack and safe as houses in defence to the point where he absolutely nailed LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto).

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Well done to the Rebels crowd, I don't know if STAN tweaked the sound but this is the first time I have thought a crowd actually got involved, we could actually hear booing.

It was a shame about the crap music blaring in stoppages, it must have been horrendous at the game.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
The Powell omission from the Wallabies PONI squad is perplexing to me. As evidenced by his performance tonight where he was very varied and clever in attack and safe as houses in defence to the point where he absolutely nailed LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto).

I think some players were left out on purpose to motivate them to do things that Rennie wants them to do, they can still be selected for the Wallabies later in the season.